Chapter 16

Its been half a year already since Kat died and Cam is finally getting back to normal. He is eating more which is good but he has died his hair black. I hope he didn't make a contract with a demon or something because the kindness I use to see in his eyes is gone. He looked like me in my past life with nothing in my life, but myself, killing to survive. I guess Kat was the only thing that kept him sane.

Next month the dragon kingdom will hold a masquerade ball to celebrate Kerain turning 20. Man, he's getting old. Turns out that they will also tell everyone Kerian's arranged engagement. I wonder who is the unlucky girl to be with him. Hehe

For the last two weeks we found out who the assassins could have been that day and it was the long lost demon kingdom. They're back and even stronger than before. I also remembered a key clue that I should have noticed long ago, the assassins that came to me after everyone knew that I had three powers was people from the Demon kingdom. I should have realised sooner that those assassins were suspicious. I was so stupid. Right now I just want to go over to their kingdom and kill every single demon for killing Kat. How dare they mess with Ruby Black's friends. Even worse Sky decided that he was gonna go check out the Demon kingdom alone, without me, that little *****.

On a positive note, I've got to go shopping for a mask and a dress for the masquerade ball. I wonder what dress should I get...

"MARIIIII!!! I need to go shopping for a dress!" said adorable Muse. After being friends with Muse for a couple of years I realised how cute her big round eyes are. She's like a puppy and right now she's looking at me with those big clear eyes asking if I could go shopping with her. "plewseeee come with me!"

"I really can't resist your puppy dog eyes, I was planning to go anyways. Let's go" I picked up my bag and as soon as I was about to leave the room.

I realised a big problem.

I nearly forgot to put my disguise on! I stared at Muse. Walking around her a few circles and changed her hair colour from pink to red and changed my eye colour and hair colour both to red. I quickly went into my closet and threw on a pair of jeans and a blue blouse and then gave Muse cute black shorts and a pink top. In this whole process Muse just stared at me weirdly.

"Are you ok? Why do we both have to put disguises on, I heard from Ash that every time you go outside from your castle, you always have to wear a disguise... Why's that?" Muse asked.

"Well, Little Muse, The last time I went to the city without a disguise on I was nearly shot in the head, nearly ran over by a horse, nearly forgot how to breathe from the crowds following where ever I go around me and I have to bring about 20 bodyguards, because my parents think I'm still a child and can't protect myself. Are those not a good reason to disguise myself so that I don't get killed by my parents, assassins and the people? Hmmm?"

"Yes very true, I'm sorry for asking Mari, don't look so angry"

"oh my god! I'm not angry. Stop it with the puppy dog eyes!" I shouted "Now, seriously I need to tell you about our cover story. We.. are sisters and we are from the fox kingdom, we are just here shopping for super expensive dresses because we were invited to the masquerade ball. You got it?"

"Yep, Let's go, I can't wait any longer!"

"Ok, ok, Let's go"

__________

"Madam's what have bought you guys in my store of Luxury dresses today?" the shop owner said politely.

I scanned around and all the dresses are so stylish and beautiful. Muse and I have gone around to multiple stores now and although Muse has loved every dress she has tried on, I just didn't find anything that suited me.

"Sorry sir, but can we book this whole shop for a few hours, I'll pay you a hundred tales for each hour we have stayed in here." (a/n tales are basically dollars. One tale is five dollars)

"Oh Of course," The shop owner said "Bob, take the rest of the customers out and tell them to come back a few hours later"

I like this shop owner, he doesn't question our authority like the other shop owners.

When every customer has left, I swiped away the mist of the colour change in our eyes and hair revealing our true form. All the staff members were shocked to see me and quickly bowed.

"We greet Princess White and Princess Bright!"

"You can rise now, we are wondering if we could shop for some dresses from here for next month's masquerade ball in the dragon kingdom."

"Of course, Princess White, please follow me, I was expecting you. Princess Bright, could you please follow Bob, as I also have a dress perfect for you ready."

_______

Revealing the Dresses next chapter