Chapter 17

Masquerade ball today!!! yayy

The dresses that the shop owner gave us are absolutely gorgeous. I'm wearing a white flowy dress with white roses stitched on to it. While Muse got a pastel pink short dress that perfectly matches her personality. We were looking perfect. 

I looked into the mirror and looked at Maria clearly. She was so different from me. Although I am now in her skin, I feel like I have become a better person. I have changed and I am thankful for all the things this body has given me that I once never had. 

Friends, family, love and many more. I have learned more about life and the beauty of it. I feel like the old me always wearing black and red and the me now that wears blue and white has always been one person, but also two different people at the same time... like twins. 

I split with Muse to meet up with our family before striding into the dragon palace's hall. 

Muse's family went in first. Muse has come a long way since I first meet her. She grew to become more mature and has grown up to be more like a noble... all through my great teaching. hehe. 

"Mari, let's go in now" said my beautiful mother. She is wearing a bright orange and gold dress that flows down all the way to her feet, representing the proud phoenix kingdom, while my father is wearing a matching suit. 

Sigh, my parents are so cute. 

"Yes, mum!" I'm actually really excited to see who the fianćee of Kerian is. It might be Muse! Eek! I held my mum's hand while she linked arms with father, and we walked in like a warm family stunning the crowd speechless. 

After a while, I spot Kerian's father walk on to the Mezzanine, a floor above us, and started the party, "Welcome Everyone! To my son's birthday party. I hope everyone will have a great time. My son will wish to introduce everyone to his fianćee," He then moves aside so Kerian could step forward. 

"Good evening everyone, I am very happy for you all to use up your time to come here to dragon kingdom. I hope you will all have a wonderful time. Today I have great news, today I am introducing a girl that I have never really noticed, as my eyes was filled with another. However she has always been there when I had needed her the most. Recently, through her confession, I have realised how important she is to me and we were very lucky that our parents was thinking the same thing. I introduce you to my finaćee...Princess Ashley From Fox Kingdom!" 

I was shocked! It wasn't Muse Bright!. Ash never told me about her feelings...not that I didn't notice, but when did she confess? She didn't tell me anything... 

Oh well! This game was never going to be on the same track of the real game. I feel so happy for them. After Kerian introduced Ash, she walks out like a queen and waves at everyone with a gigantic smile on her face. She's wearing a tight light purple dress that looked very silky adding on light purple and white flowers at the end and the top of her dress. She's also wearing a clea light purple scarf that added on to her elegant figure. 

Everyone was cheering and clapping for them and giving them their support. 

Kerian and Ash walked hand in hand down the stairs. When they reached the bottom the classical music started and some people went straight up to them to congratulate them personally, while others like me decided to do other things. 

Some people started dancing at the center *cough cough* my parents *cough* 

I went over to the food on the tables, even though I had dinner already, but who could resist a second dessert.  I went to grab for a vanilla cake, when I saw someone with the corner of my eyes. He was standing in the shadows so I couldn't see him clearly, but his bright golden eyes attracted my attention. 

I grabbed a vanilla and a chocolate cake in two different plates and walked towards him. 

"Hi, I got you a chocolate cake... you just looked a bit lonely in the dark and I just thought if you wanted a chocolate cake to...um... feel better?" Dam does eyes are really distracting me... He looked down at me and looked away. Is he ignoring me!! How rude... 

"It's fine if you didn't want it, you could have just told me" what's the point in talking to this guy Maria... what were you thinking? I turn around to leave him alone. 

"Who are you?" 

"..." He talked.. "Oh..um.. Nice to meet you. I'm Princess Maria from Phoenix kingdom"

"Hmm.. I'll take that cake" 

"Oh yeah... here you go... so isn't it polite for you to tell me who you are?" 

"You won't want to know who I am" 

"...ooookkkk" We just stood in the corner watching the nobles eating, dancing and socializing. While we sat in quiet and just ate our cake. 

"Soooooo... Do you want to dance, sir" I decided to form a conversation and move my feet. Why not dance. 

"..."

"Hellloooo, your still alive" 

"Why are you talking to me" 

"..." Well its now my turn to be speechless

"Why are you forcing yourself?"

"I'm not forcing myself... I just like your eyes, come on, lets dance" I held his hand and pulled him over to the center of the stage. 

He was a very good dancer, we danced for the whole night.

____

We were still dancing when I noticed that everyone was beginning to leave, and my parents gestured for me to meet them at our carriage while giggling like little girls. 

I gently pushed myself out of his embrace and was about to walk away from him when my feet became weak and was about to fall. When he caught me. 

Now this is awkward... reminds me of all those romantic novels I read 

"I'm so sorry, my feet just became weak, I guess heels aren't suitable for dancing." 

"hm, they are really not. haha" 

Oh my god, his smile is so beautiful! who the hell is he! 

"Seriously, who are you?"

"You really wouldn't want to know, but I'm sure we will meet each other very soon." 

"Well...um I got to go back home, so ...um... see you around?" 

"Mhm" 

He's so... snap out of it Maria. I shook my head a few times and waved goodbye to him. As I was about to take another step, I fell again and he caught me again.

"I think I should carry you towards your carriage"

"Thanks" He then grabbed my waist and carried me while my arms and legs dangled in the air. When I noticed how he was carrying me I got so embarrassed. 

"Is this how you carry a princess, Sir" 

"Yep" 

"..."

____

Just as I was about to drag myself into the carriage my parents decided to ask so many questions at once my head nearly explored. First my heart a few hours ago and now my head. 

As soon as I sat down, I died from exhaustion. I guess my parents finally realised how tired I was and decided to let me sleep in peace. 

Finally some peace and quiet....

'HI MARIAAAA, I'M BACKKKK'

*gasp* 'OH MY GOD! SKY! Glad your back, now let me rest'

'my master is never happy with me'

'yeah yeah whatev---ZZzzz'