Chapter 31

Chapter 31:

Manifesting that thought I moved back and dodged the demon girl and her kick left a dent on the ground. She looked down and shrugged as if this was normal and stared back up at me with an evil pissed smile. I just looked back up at her from the ground with a peachy grin. She came running towards me again, I took a deep breath and moved my body with the wind and paced myself with my legs stretched and bent keeping a steady balance instead of dodging her hit. I blocked it with my hands, which was painful by the way...

Holding it in I pushed ice powers out of my hands and grabbed her legs and froze it. She looked shocked and then tried punching me with her fist. I again held her fist in front of my face and bent it to expose my smirk to her face, while she looked at her hand in fright.

"Wait! WAit!" She said but I ignored it and froze her hand as well.

I then grabbed my twin swords and sliced her head off while she was still half frozen.

"So weak and you call yourself his 'wife,'" I said to her headless corpse.

By the time I actually got to the end of all the demons wanting to fight me I was so tired I couldn't feel my legs or hands and Sky looks exhausted as well, as he flew back down onto my shoulder. I grabbed a black clock from a random dead demon and put it on myself to disguise my human scent.

"Let's go meet up with Cole," I told him and he gave a nod of approval as we walked towards the west to Ego Cafe where Cole told me he would be.

As we continued to walk for about another half an hour I literally started to doubt myself on whether I am actually walking towards the east and not the west... Until Sky said "Oh! There it is!"

I looked up at where Sky's wing was pointing at, and I saw the dusty sign of Ego Cafe

Excited I pushed the wooden door open and when I entered there was no one around...

"Did we miss something... I'm pretty sure that Cole wasn't there when we finished right?"

I continued to look around to see if there was anything I was missing like a secret door or book to open it or a thick piece of brick to signal a key. Well, I was exploring and knocking, Sky flew off my shoulders and screwed the tap with his claws to get some water when the bar behind the desk opened into a stairway down.

"..."

"..."

"WOW! Sky you are so smart! I thought you were just tired and wanted water!"

I said in amazement.

"I did... what is a use of a tap when no water comes out!" He cried.

"Aww, I'm sorry dal... But at least we found the door! Cole might have some water for you downstairs." I said in hope that Cole is ACTUALLY down there.

Sky flew back onto my shoulder and we went down slowly. 1 step at a time. I looked slowly down at the endless bottom and breathed out a sigh of exhaustion.

"Are you serious... I hate stairs," I continued going down slowly being careful not to accidentally fall to my death from some spiral stairs.

When I took a break from all that walking I stared back up at Sky on my shoulder having a blast, but he was just looking at me as if I was stupid.

"What?" I asked him annoyed that he was looking at me like that,

"Did your brain lose neurons while I was away from you?" Sky asked back in a questioning tone.

"Are you talking about you or me?"

"..." He stared at me for a while and blinked in shock a few times

"I'm just kidding, are you thinking about flying down?" I asked Sky while he nodded back.

"Of course, we could, it is an option, but we don't know how big the space is down there so I didn't ask you to change back," I asked in consideration, "The stairs seem to be getting narrower,"

"That's right," I heard a voice from up ahead coming up towards me.

Quickly I created an ice sword with my powers as I couldn't recognise the voice as Cole.

As he walked closer to him I could see him clearly. He was wearing a suit like a Butler and had sharp features with earl grey hair and blue eyes. He looked quite human to me compared to the demons I fought before.

"You must be Maria, I am Adam Junes," He introduced himself, "I was sent to pick you up from his highness,"

"You mean the demon prince right?" I said not wanting to be disrespectful of whatever culture the demons had by calling Cole his name.

"Yes, Ma'm," He said in a bow, "I'll lead you to him through a shortcut, please hold onto me,"

I put my swords away and decided to trust this Butler, so I held onto his shoulders while he said, "excuse me," and held my waist and JUMPED,

"..." I shut my eyes in shock and Sky pocked his head out of my pocket I put him in before the butler came closer towards me.

Before Sky and I could do anything, a blast of wind came shooting up slowing our fall to the ground and in no time we slowly reached the floor where I was never been happy to be touching the ground.

When I came back from the traumatising experience I looked up and saw a round table with walls filled with papers, pictures and different colour strings. I looked closely at the people standing by the table with a map on it as Adam led me closer towards them. As the person standing in the middle looked up I took my black clock off as he ran towards me.

I walked a few steps forward and hugged him so close putting my arms around his neck as he was around my waist.

"I'm so glad you're safe," He said his voice cracking.

"Hey Cole, It's ok... I'm ok," I whispered to him trying to reassure him, while he hugged me a little tighter.