Chapter 29

Maria is back guys!! YEEE (^ picture above)

Chapter 29:

Maria POV

...

Where am I? I spin around for any clues but all I see is long thick bars on all four sides around me. As well as the darkness in the wilderness. I tried to move closer towards the bars but as I tried I noticed that my left ankle seems heavier than before.

I looked down towards my left ankle and noticed the heavy metal ball connected to a chain around my foot. When did I become a prisoner? Was I kidnapped?

I remember...

"Urgh.. This..." I feel a piercing pain in my brain and neck. "Tshhhh," What happened?

I was about to go to battle again and I swear I was talking to one of my subordinates, when...

I blacked out,

"Hello Maria, I see you are finally awake,"

I notice the dreadful golden eyes within the darkness shining in mockery. However, that voice... it doesn't quite match with Cole's.

"Who are you?" I shuffle closer to the bars and squint my eyes trying to see a clearer figure of who that person was with very similar eyes to Cole.

'Oh, did our little Maria finally notice that I'm not your so-called-lover," this mysterious man said, "Let me introduce myself."

He stepped closer to the cage and into the light where he revealed his white hair and golden eyes. I finally noticed the slight difference between Cole and this person. So then who is Cole? Is he not a demon prince? But one thing is for sure, He is definity not Cole.

"I am Liam, the demon king and my twin brother is the demon prince... Cole,"

"Oh my lemon curds..." I said releasing my grip around the bars in shock. "So I was fighting against you in the war, and was it your plan to hit the academy so many years ago, killing my best friend..."

"Yes, " Liam said proudly with his head held up high with a smirk on his face, looking at me as if I was below him.

I was so pissed, how dare this heartless demon do such actions, why would he want to start a war again. Was the damage from the last war so many years ago not enough for him? However well I was staring at those annoying ass eyes gleaming with ridicule, Cole's mischievous golden eyes swiped past my mind. I haven't seen him in a while.

"Where is Cole? What did you do to him?"

"Oh him.," Liam mumbling and eye rolling at the same time, as if he could care less about the whereabouts of Cole, "Probably dying with Prince Blaze,"

"WHAT! WHat did you do to Sky too!"

"Sigh... I didn't do anything, just electric shocked him a few times so the majority of his feathers were slightly burnt and punched Cole a few times. Nothing much."

"That's not nothing much... Can I see them." I asked with a mix between plead and hate. Liam looked as if he was contemplating it but was more towards the rejection side of things.

"I promise I wouldn't do anything dodgy," I started to say to persuade him, "it's not like we can leave here, I'm sure your bodyguards are very strong and a weak human like me wouldn't be able to take a near dead demon prince and a burnt giant bird anywhere, am I right?"

It was clear that he was thinking more deeply about it and I was able to notice the slight similarities between Cole and Liam. They both had this slight curve at the end of their eyes giving them a fox eye look, but Cole has a mole under his left eye while Liam doesn't. What if... Liam was Muse's hidden male lead. Oh my god! That would be so cool. I knew Muse liked the bad, psychotic boy type. But then I mentally slapped my inner fangirl and came back to reality of him torturing the people I love, killing my best friend, starting a war and locking me in here. To escape only one of us can get out of here alive. 

 After a few seconds he glared back up at me.

"If I notice anything that would doubt your sincerity of what you just said, I don't care whether you are my brother's girlfriend or side-chick, YOu. Are. DEad" Liam warned me as his eyes stared deep into me and I could feel and see the lightning within them. 

I was happy that he allowed me to see them, as I haven't seen both of them in a while, but why did I feel slightly weird about what he just said?