Chapter 28

Sky POV:

"MARIA!"

"MARIA!"

I couldn't hear anything, nothing... For the first time in my life I felt empty. I can't feel my master near me. I feel lost. You may think that the Prince of Phoenix should be more powerful than a few demons right? I thought so too, but that damn golden eyed demon was too powerful with his ancient magic artifacts. He caught me at my weakest point and then locked me in ancient magic restrictions. It took me great effort to even talk to Maria, however it was cut off before I could tell her my whereabouts. At least the most important information is told.

Even I can't believe the state that I'm in, the Prince of Blaze has been put into. Locked in shackles like a prize in a cage being guarded by red demons. I have literally become a bird in a cage.

"Hello, Prince Blaze"

This voice.... This annoying voice that locked me in here. As I turn around to meet the golden eyed bastard I stare at his annoying face smirking at me in the dark. As he slowly steps out beside a lamp.

His golden eyes pierced at me in amusement and his white silky hair that was nothing compared to Maria's silver hair dimmed against the light.

"Your annoying but amusing owner, what was her name again... Maria?"

"SHUT IT! You don't have the right to say her name-ahh!" I fumed at him as I tried to get the shackles on me while receiving a shock in return.

"Hah, yeah her. Nearly killed more than half of my army in a fit of anger. It's fun, you know."

"FUN! You think starting a war is fun!"

"Of course! But it's more fun to see Maria mistake me for my weak twin brother. That look of betrayal hahaha" I can tell he is already reminisies the look in Maria eyes in she stares at Cole's silhouette

"Leave Cole and Maria alone, you bastard!"

"That's quite rude... I am controlling how much you are going to get tortured by the shackles, you see. I would think you would show me more respect" He said that as a matter of fact while pressing the button causing me to experience sudden electrical discharge through my body. The sharp pain travels from my toes and slowly rises to reach my head. I grit my teeth to not screech out in pain and glare at that white haired, golden eyed bastard.

"Tch.. boring" He said looking at me with an uninterested expression, "Maria is more fun, I think I might go to check her out,"

"Not until you go through me"

I looked into the darkness in surprise. That voice...

"Ooho, brother," He said, turning around while stretching his arms as if he was waiting for a hug, as Cole emerged from the darkness. He looked more tired, weary and he had a mix of black and red blood everywhere on him but his eyes were filled with power and anger. "See! I knew those restrictions and demons couldn't hold you back."

"Liam, Stop this... the war is not going to help our people."

"Tch... You were always so weak!" Liam spat at Cole. "What! Did experiencing the five kingdoms make you soft as well!"

Cole only stared at his brother with pity in his eyes. "You know that is not it... You need to let it go, it is only eating you away."

"Did you FORGET what they did to our parents, they all deserve to die. Those puny little ants that rebelled against the treaty and killed our parents and many generations of our people! And you DARE to fall in love with one of them!"

"Our parents wouldn't want this. They would want us to be hap-"

"What! You think you know our parents so well! We were only 5 when they took our parents from us and we were sent to hiding for so many years!"

"Did you forget the kind people that helped us! There is still good within the bad. You need to forgive them"

"Hah! What a hypocrite. Do you know what it means to forgive!" He stared in anger at his brother, Cole. "It means you forgot it!, You must forget in order to forgive, but you haven't forgotten, have you!"

"Liam I know what you mean... but sometimes it is about letting go of revenge and hate and leaving life as it is... and putting it at the back of your mind." Cole stared at Liam pleading, "You are so powerful and smart, you could make the Demon kingdom strong and new again. Why did you choose revenge over that?"

Liam stared at his brother as if it was his last straw and ran towards Cole raising his fist, "Because I don't forgive or forget!"

"Watch out, Cole!" I screamed from my cage, but before Liam's fist could hit Cole's face. Cole caught it and pushed it while still holding Liam's fist to the side so now Cole's and Liam's face was only a few centimetres away from each other.

"So I am telling you to LET IT GO!" Cole screamed in desperation

"Too late! I'm going to finish what I started." As he said this he punched Cole in the stomach and sent him flying and crashed onto the wall making a cracked hole as Cole slowly slid down with his eyes squished shut in agony.

"You would Thank me later.." He said, staring at his still weak brother, as he walked away leaving Cole and I alone. 

Liam: Photo from pinterest