Chapter 8

The past year has been busy. I trained with Sky a lot and visited my bunnies at least once a day. Also, Samuel has been coming to visit the castle more often. Must be because he's getting recognized more as the youngest scholar.

I decided to go to town today. I want to collect some herbs and go to the city library to read more books. I've basically read all the books in our library twice. I'm pretty much bored with the library in Pheonix castle. I decided to change my appearance so I won't be recognised as Princess Maria. I wore a short brown hair wig and wore the purple contacts that I asked my father for. I wore a short white top and a short blue striped skirt that reached up to half of my thigh. I bought along my favourite navy bag to put books and herbs in.

Maria in disguise as someone else- 9yrs old

I walked across to the front gate for the first time in this lifetime

I walked across to the front gate for the first time in this lifetime. I stepped out of the protective castle and stepped into the danger of society.

I walked for a while and saw a shop selling candy. When was the last time I had candy... I must buy one. I quickly ran inside and the smell of sugar swooshed into my nose. It was definitely the smell of heaven. I walked around the stand and I saw a translucent purple lollipop. It looked like a fortune tellers pearl. I quickly grabbed it and paid for it. I ate it while walking to the Herbal shop.

As soon as I went in I was greeted by an elder man and the smell of Chinese medicine. He had a long white beard and white hair that reached up to his ankles. He was wearing a light blue rob and looked very wise.

"What can I help you with, little girl," He said

"Can I have an Aloe vera, Arnica, Yarrow and some goldenrod" I listed. He looked shocked... What!? Never seen a nine-year-old ask you for herbs?

"You seem to know a lot of herbs," He said

"I only know the ones I need to know" I answered back

"Have I seen you somewhere?" suddenly a fire Red hair and emerald green eyes boy asked me.

Shoot... Samuel.

"Sorry, I don't think so" I replied quickly, lying straight in front of his face.

Samuel

"Here is your herbs," the elder men said

"Thank you" I gave my money to him and left to the library.

"WAIT!" Samuel said. I turned around.

"Have you had lunch?" He asked

"Yes, I have"

'Lair'

'Sky shush, he doesn't know'

"grumble, grumble" I freaked out. Did that lollipop not full you up...

"I guess you haven't" Samuel replied back with a smirk. He quickly packed his things and said bye to the elder men.

Here I am, getting dragged to lunch with Samuel who doesn't know who I am. Why?

"Hey, What's your name?" He asked

"Ma-ngo" Close call... nearly said, Maria.

"Mango eh? Do you like Mangos"? He teased with the smug smirk on his face again. We entered the restaurant. People eyes went to us. The girls stared with envy and death glares. There were many whispers that I could hear... People need to learn how to whisper...

"Who is that beside Samuel"

"He's mine, how could she!"

"Who let her stand beside him"

"Who is she?"

"Why is Samuel with her?"

There goes the rumour of a girl entering a restaurant with Samuel. sigh... We went into a private room.

"Eh? Aren't you gonna ask me what my name is?" He said with sad eyes and pouting lips.

'I just didn't find the need too' of course I can't say that. Right now, I am just a commoner, my status is lower than him.

"What is your name," I said trying to not act pissed

" My Name is Samuel" He said. Suddenly the mood changed he looked serious... Did he find out about my identity? He's gonna tell my father and I would be dead going out without a bodyguard. I would probably get grounded and not allowed to leave the castle. A cold sweat dripped from my neck. I still need to go to the library!

"Now, it is about my grandpa. he may look old but he is wise." He started to say "There have been many assassins recently that wanted to kill my grandpa because of his wisdom." Well, now I know where his intelligent genres came from'

"Why are you telling me this?" I asked

"Because although you look innocent you are quite a good fighter aren't you?"

'How did he know... Did he sense you Sky' I asked

'No... he shouldn't'

"How do you know, I'm a fighter," I asked curiously

"Because of the three bunnies behind you in your bag," he answered. "They are quite powerful and is also hard to find." Who told those bunnies to come... I turned around and ripped open my bag. And in there I saw three innocent looking bunnies staring up at me.

They jumped on to the table before I could catch them by the ear. They quickly snatched some pork buns and jumped straight back into the bag and zipped it up... Tight... Those cheeky bunnies. We'll have a serious talk when we get back.

"Sorry for that," I asked "Where were we"

"Oh yes... I need you to protect my grandfather" He said casually as if he's been asking people to do this for the past few days.

"From the assassins, you were talking about?" I asked

"I like talking to smart people. Yes exactly. I can't do that anymore as I am attending school and have been going to the castle quiet often recently." He replied

"Sorry, I can't... I would love too, But I don't have free time as well. I've been very busy and speaking to you here has wasted an hour of my time" I said harshly.

"I will take my leave now" I stood up and walked away. Just as I was about to leave the restaurants door.

Samuel grabbed my wist and said "Please, my grandpa really needs you"

"Sorry I can't" I ripped my hand out of his grip. I'm a princess after all. I don't have time to protect someone. I ran out the door not caring about the whispers.

I ran back into the castle checking behind me every minute, so he didn't follow me. I quickly went into the castle gate and into my bedroom. I threw my pillows on the ground.

Dam him. I haven't even gone to the public library yet. Ugh!