Chapter 9

A light shines into my room through the curtains and my eyes slowly open to accept the brightness. I guess the suns calling me up. I groan and slowly pull myself off my cosy bed, but still end up with my head on my bed. My eyes slowly turn to the side of my bed that was still dark and slowly dozed back to sleep...

"WAKE UP!" The maid shouts while hammering the door. I jump straight up and dash over to the door and open it (trying to seem like I didn't just wake up)

"Is there something wrong? I was just in the bathroom" I casually said as if my hair wasn't a birds nest or that my brain is still half asleep.

"Miss, Your father wants you to come to his office," the maid said while staring at me up and down, "You better clean yourself up and change." She knew that I was not in the bathroom.

"Yep, I'll be right there," I said to the maid and gently closed the door. I went straight to the bathroom and cleaned myself up and put on the first dress I saw in the closet. It was a pretty short blue dress with little white cloud patterns that matched the sky. I stumbled out of my room while still zipping up my dress hoping that my dad wouldn't be mad with me being late. 

*knock knock* 

"Come in" 

I gently open the door and enter my dad's enormous and tidy office. "Is there something you need, dad?" I ask, trying to start the conversation, avoiding the point that I'm late

"Why are you late?" My dad said with cold eyes, ignoring my previous question... 

'Frick... what do I say?... that I slept in and wanted more sleep or I couldn't wake up in time or that I took my time getting myself ready... should I sugarcoat it? Yeah let's do that'

"Sorry... I was making sure I was dressed properly so I could greet dad well in the early morning" I said while building up tiny tears in my eyes. My dad's eyes slowly warm up. I should be an actor... Should have become one instead of an assassin in my past life. 

"Well... I called you here today to tell you that you will go on and board at a school called Elizabeth Snow in the Dragon Kingdom." He said, "All the other princes and princesses are at that school as well, you will be learning the subjects you choose from this list" He hands me a thick book with a title of 'Subjects to choose at Elizabeth Snow.' Dad continued on his speech with the subjects he recommends and how many I'm allowed to choose with a bit information about how to be careful while boarding at school.  Finally, he ended the conversation with "You can leave now." 

"I understand, dad" I gracefully walked out of his office, as soon as I close the door a sly smirk was on my face. 'The battle begins Muse, I have spent 9 years of my childhood planing to avoid you... you better not associate yourself with me.' 

I went back into my room and put my town's disguise back on and flew out of my bedroom's window with my blue bracelet from Ash, to head to the library where I wasn't able to go last time. 

I was just walking casually on the street on my way to the library with a fresh steam bun in my hands when I accidentally crashed into a strange guy who was followed with two other guys. They stared at me up and down with a disgusting look. I quickly said "sorry" not wanting to associate myself with strange looking people, but before I could even step away from the guy, I bumped into. He pushed me on the floor and I dropped my fresh steam bun. 

'Nooooo... My $2 steam bun!' I screamed in my head. By then, a crowd has formed and they were all watching the show including Scholar Samuel. 

"You bumped into me... Shouldn't you pay me with something" He said that while looking up and down at me again. What's with these guys looking at me up and down. It's disgusting! 

"And why would I do that" As I gritted my teeth slowly getting myself on my feet standing while holding my now dirty and cold bun. The guys were shocked by my reply and instead of continuing to talk to me they pulled my hair, which just to clarify was my wig. 'Shoot... If my wig comes off...Samuel will..' Before I could even dodge back, my wig came off showing my shimmering white hair, while I was distracted about my hair they push me onto the wall which made an impact with my head so hard my purple contacts came off revealing my bright blue eyes. I didn't have time to think before anyone could see my eyes I punched and kicked all three guys to the other side of the wall to form a distraction and put my contacts on. My wig was ripped to pieces so I couldn't put that back on... I stared at the crowd with my icy cold purple eyes and told everyone to scram. They split and run off to do their jobs and whatever they were doing before. Except for two people, one for Samuel and the person beside him, who looked somewhat familiar... They were both staring at me with wide eyes... 

"What? fallen for me already?" as I said my cheeky line while walking towards them, both of them froze and Samuel bowed and said "Good afternoon, Princess Maria" 

'Frick, I swear bad things keep happening today...' I said to myself 

"Do not call me that name while I'm outside" I whispered to them. 

"Hello, Princess Maria, I'm Prince Maxwell of the Griffin Kingdom." The brown hair and eyes said while doing a little bow. 

'oh my god! Now I've met all the Love targets, where did the 'avoid the capture targets go' huh!' 

sigh...

"Good afternoon, Prince Maxwell" I politely replied back 

"Mango, do you know how to do archery?" Samuel asked me. I smiled. One, because he didn't call me princess Maria but the name I told him yesterday and two, because archery is my favourite weapon besides the gun. 

"Of course, I can Samuel" I replied with my cheeky smile again. 

"You can shoot an arrow,  and whats with 'Mango'?" Prince Maxwell asked, looking shocked... 

"Never Underestimate Women... and call me that while we're in the town," I said looking a bit mad, tch just because this world doesn't treat women equally this doesn't mean we are weak. Hmph. "But First we need to go to the public library, I was supposed to go yesterday, but something came up," I said while staring intensively at Samuel. 

After I issued some books and put them in my now 10kg bag, we went to do some shooting. I had to learn how to shoot and ride a horse. WHAT! I've never needed to shoot and ride a horse at the same time in my past life, but It was a fun learning experience and I had a great time. 

When I flew back home I sneaked back into my bedroom, changed and started to prepare for school, which was in 4 months time after I turn ten years old. 

Prince Maxwell