Chapter 32

Chapter 32:

After a warm and relieved hug, we broke apart and stared at the people/demons (I don't know at this point.)

I looked up at Cole as he stared at his team with a smile, "This is Black Snake," He said pushing me forward to see everyone more clearly, "We are a rebellion organisation against the current Kings ways of order."

"Did you start this?" I questioned

"It was hard at first, but it had to be done. My brother has gone too far in his tyrannical and revenge that he is not caring for the people," He said looking a bit sad, "I have tried persuading him numerous times as I do not fit the throne, but..."

"Hey," I started to say, "Only those that know they are still lacking are truly those better than the ones who think they are good enough."

He gave me a small smile and then continued the introduction, "The one you have just met is Adam Junes, although he looks like a dumb butler, he's actually really strategic so he does a majority of our plans with me."

"I don't know if I should be offended or thankful..." Adam said sighing.

"This is Erik Black, he is the most powerful in our group, he has the strongest magic and strength. Sacrifice someone in the group? That's him and he'll make it out alive no problem" Cole said proudly.

I looked over at Erik and he gave me a small nod, he had jet black hair and red eyes with serious dark circles under his eyes. Has he even been sleeping?

While I looked over there was a woman who looked similar to him. She also had jet black hair but instead of red, she had blue eyes.

"Oh, and the one beside Erik is Ellen, She's his older sister. She is powerful but she is more of the brain of the group. All our special tools are made from her."

I smiled at her and she politely smiled back.

"He is Jacob Star, he's the demon kingdom's richest mercenary. We are lucky to have him on the team as he paid for the majority of our equipment needed as well as pulling some strings"

I looked at the person beside Ellen and saw him sitting on a chair with his legs crossed leaning on the table and his back against the chair with his arms folded judging me with his pink eyes while smiling sweetly.

"And we have our last member who seems to be running la—"

"I'm here!" I heard a voice cry from above as a girl with blonde fluffy hair and blue eyes came running in, "I'm sorry, I'm late... Oh, Boss is this?"

"Yes, She is Maria White, Our newest member!" He started, which got me confused but he continued on, "Maria this is Judy Lanes, she's a spy working in the palace as a maid right now, she knows all the most recent gossip so is a great way of informing us about the people within the palace."

"Ok, Hello Everyone!" I started, "It's nice to meet you, I'm Maria White I'll do my best in taking part in defeating the current demon king to stop this war."

"If I may," Judy said putting her hands up with curiosity sparkling in her eyes. "What is your relationship with Boss?" Judy questions exposing her thirst for gossip.

That question shocked me because I still didn't know who he was or what we were. I've only met him a few times across the many years I've known him and I only found out recently that he was the demon prince, even though we slept on the same bed once...

Furiously shaking my head trying to forget about that scene, I looked back up at Cole, and he looked down at me.

"I think with the recent events we haven't really talked about it, so I'll get back to you about that question, I answered calmly."

Judy raises an eyebrow and shrugs in defect. I looked over at Jacob who was still glaring at me suspiciously and then I moved my eyes to see what Ellen was doing as she has already left the round table to the side where there was a holographic table with all types of tools and machinery.

When I stared back beside me where Cole was standing he wasn't there anymore. While I looked around for him he was with Adam at the corner of the room with a very serious face.

Realising that he looked quite busy, Sky and I went over to Ellen's desk that looked the most interesting compared to the other office looking desks with piles of paperwork.

"Ellen, right?" I said trying to start a conversation, "What's all these?" I asked while picking up some random makeup products.

"WOah!" She said quickly, taking the lip balm out of my hands, "Ha..ha.. I wouldn't carelessly touch the stuff on my table, the lip balm you just hand in your hands is a prototype of a grenade." She said with a sigh of relief.

"OH, I'm sorry," I said quickly, slapping Sky's wings off the table and grabbing him into my hands so my hands were preoccupied carrying something instead of being tempted to touch the stuff.

"Do you have time to give a tour of the special tools? Or Spy gadgets?" I asked with pleading eyes, "Pleasssee..."

She stared at me with dead eyes and rolled her eyes, "Yeah whatever, we would have to do it sooner or later before the mission."

"Thanks" I chipped

"Also, we all know your true personality, no need to fake it. We were around protecting you when Cole was next to you."

"..."

'Sky is what she is saying true?'

'Well yeah, I just couldn't be bothered to tell you because they weren't dangerous and had no killing intent, Plus you weren't doing anything worth reporting to anyways except lazing around, training, eating and lazing around some more."

'Shut up! WHy are you exposing me to the readers like that...' wanting to strangle Sky I glared at him in my hands while thinking about a way to kill a bird without dying myself when we entered a chamber and the walls opened up to a closet full of guns, suits, make up products, bags, umbrella and other everyday objects you would use. They were placed in a pad with a bright yellow cushion around it to keep it safe.

"WOW!" I said in amazement.

"Let me start from the suits..." Ellen started,