Chapter 23

HI! My lovely readers! I'm really sorry that I haven't been updating, but I just lost motivation in continuing to write this book so I just stopped writing it. However after reading the comments from everyone in the last updated chapter, I decided to continue. So Here We Are! Hope you guys like this chapter as well! 

___________________________________________

"Justin White! You better stay safe out there! If I get the news that you have passed I would go kill myself! Do you understand!" My mum shouted at the front door, while I stepped on to my new pet horse, Breeze. She is a majestic grey horse, that looks similar to the wind (if you couldn't tell by the name). She has the power to teleport (a certain amount of distance) which makes it easier for me, as she can also bring the rider along as well. 

"Understood Mother, You stay safe as well! You too father! See ya later!" I shouted as Breeze teleported to the front gate and we trotted off towards the battlefield. 

___________

Before arriving at the battlefield,  Breeze and I went around shopping for some extra food, such as potato, tomato, bread, eggs etc. 

'Are those for me?' Sky asked as he landed on my shoulder, noticing I was putting more food in my already enormous food bag. 

"No, sorry Blaze" I replyed back. 

'Is there something wrong Maria? You feel distant' Sky asked worried. 

"..... I'm sure I'll be fine" I murmered as I could feel the thick smell of blood again scatching against my skin. I should have considered this happening before I decided to go to war. 

Sky looked worridlly at me and left my shoulder. 

The closer we were to the battlefield the more it got harder to control the devil inside of me, the devil I could finally hide away after living as Maria. 

The urge to kill. 

Quickly shaking of the thought, I reached to the closet village to the battlefeild. I got of Breeze and pulled out the extra food we bought and handed them out a door at a time to those poor citerzens who lost many people in their village from the war. After being catogorized as their saviour, Breeze and I trotted off towards my soon-to-be nightmare. 

_____

By the time I arrived at the campsite of where the soliders stayed it was already dark and the moon was already near the middle of the dark night sky. 

I looked around. 

I was actually a battle late. The demons came before the anticipated date and attacked us before we were able to plan anything. There were full of injured soldiers and the cries of their fellow teammates. As I was busy scanning the miserable soliders I saw a shadow behind a tree. As soon as I turned my head to get a proper look, he was gone. 

'What was that?'

'I don't know, I didn't feel anyone there either' Sky answered a bit scared. 

As I was about to creep over to investigate, Samuel came over. 

'Why is he everywhere I go?' I rhetorically asked Sky. 

"JUSTY! Your finally here, what took you so long!" 

"Nothing much just handing out some extra foods I bought along the way" I said while shurgging  like it was no big deal.

"I never thought you would be the kind one?" Samuel said looking at me up and down. 

"It's called being a gentlemen," I replied as I passed him towards the tent where Kerain is "never thought you would be so dumb." 

"Hey, Just so you know! I'm a scholar named by your Dad!" His annoying voice echoed through my ear drums as I walked into the tent where Kerain was looking  depressed.   

I went over to him and sat beside him, "Are you ok?" As soon as he saw me enter he quickly stopped looking tired. 

"Oh your here already! Thats great we need more people right now on the field just in case they come again unexpected." 

"You never answered my question,"  I asked while glaring at him. 

"Sometimes you remind me of Maria, maybe its because you guys are twins," He said looking a bit sad, "You know, in high school, I had the biggest crush on your sister."

Holy Sh** I don't think I want to know whats coming next..... 

"I've always wanting to marry your sister, she was the perfect girl to me in my eyes. But I had to let her go.. She needs someone who is stronger than her, who can protect her" While he was rambling on about how he wasn't good enough for my sister (me). Someone kept flashing in my mind. 

Cole. 

He was really strong, stronger than me to the point where I can't decet him. How is someone so strong still not famous in the dragon kingdom? Unless..... No.. It couldn't be. I shook the idea of my head and went back to depressing Kerain. 

"I'm sure my sister will find someone and be happy" I answered a bit awkwardly. 

"How is she? Is she ok? I heard shes got a really bad sickness? I've tried visting her, but no one is allowed!" He said looking worried. 

"Kerain, let me get this straight, I know you are worried about my sister as a friend, and I asure you she is getting better, but to me it looks like your not really over her." I straightforwardly said. 

"I know... Ash is a bit disappointed in me, but she understands" Kerain said looking more depressed. 

"That's fine as long as Ashley is ok with it" I said, "Going back to the war, I know you are worried about the lack of soilders now, because basically a qauter is injured, but I'm sure we will be fine." 

"Yeah, I know." After that, Kerain, Samuel, Maxwell, Cameron and I starting talking about some new strategies.