Chapter 3

As we step out the doors they close behind us. We walk down across the street and walk down the sidewalk. "Look at all those people Zoey." Sophie says bititng her lip. "Control yourself Sophie!" I hit her arm. "I'll try but, don't you just want to take a bite?"  "No."  "Come on! Not even a little tiny bite?"  "No Sophie! You gotta control yourself!"  Sophie starts to fiddle with her fingers and she bites her lip. I look at her and read her mind. "I have to. I can't control myself. But I have to listen to what Zoey says." Is what I read. "Sophie stop it!" I yell at her. "What! I didn't do anything!"   "Well your about to!"  "How did- Hey! You read my mind didn't you!"   "Maybe."   "What the hell!"   "I had to! The expression on your face worried me." She rolls her eyes and I grip her arm tightly. "Let go I'm not gonna do anything!" She yells. 

"Fine." I release her arm. She curls her fingers into fists and looks directly ahead at something. "I- I can't do this." She says and flashes before my eyes, shoves an old man walking his dog, and takes him behind a tree. A few moments later she comes back, fangs out dripping with red. She wipes her mouth with her sleeve and her fangs turn back to teeth. "Well that was...pleasant." She says licking her lips and walking towards me. I shove her. "What the hell! You know what, I can't take this anymore! Sophie you have to chill!" I yell at her. She rolls her eyes and keeps walking as I follow along. "Look, I'm sorry. You know I can't control myself."She says as I catch up to her.

"I know that Sophie, your my best friend. I know everything about you, I even have to control you and the things you do." I tell her. We keep walking down the sidewalk and keep talking. "So I was thinking." She says. "Yeah?"  "Maybe we can have a party." She says.  "Sure. Is it going to have a specific theme?"I ask.  "Yeah. The theme can be glow in the dark."   "That would be so cool! And we can have glow in the dark paint and some glow in the dark house decorations!"   "Duh that's the point of glow in the dark." She hits me in the head. "Well sorry. That wasn't nessesary." She says.

"Ok so lets play I Spy." I tell her. "Ok. I start. I spy with my little eye something... yellow." Sophie says. "Ok erm...is it that pole?"I ask pointing to a big useless yellow pole infront of us. "Good one but no."  "Uh is it that bottle?"   "No and that bottle is brown."  "No it's not it's golden."  "Well if it's gold then why would you mention it."  I shrug my shoulders. "Gold is in the family of yellow."  "No it's not it's a totally different color!"  "No! Gold is just yellow with....brightness."  "Isn't that neon yellow?"  "Oh right. Well then gold is yellow with shinyness."   "Is that even a word?"  "I hope it is. But anyways gold is a yellow type of color."  "Zoey no it's not! It's a totally different color!"   "Alright, alright fine. Let's get back to the game. Ok so is it...that building?" I point to a yellow building. "Nope. Give up?"   "No. Um is it that girl's hat?" I point to a little girl that is headed our way with a yellow hat.

"Nope. Do you give up now?"   "Yeah." I sigh.  "It's the sun you scumpbag!"   "Jeez no need for the insult."   "Sorry. Anyways, my turn again." Sophie says. "Ok so I spy with my little eyes...something...brown." Her lips twirk to the side and she squints her eyes. I follow her vision and end up in a bark of a tree. "It's the bark of a tree." I say. "Good. Which bark though." Sophie asks raising an eyebrow and looks at me. "The bark of that tree over there." I point to the tree. "You cheated didn't you."   "Of course."   "That doesn't count!"   "The rules of this game is to figure out what the person is looking at. So I figured out what you were looking at and that means it's my turn."I say.   "No it's not your turn. The rules is to figure out what the person is looking at, not read their mind and shit.That's cheating." She lightly hits my arm and I hit her back.

"Whatever. I'll let it go this time but I won't next time." Sophie says.  "Erm...ok...I spy with my little eye something red." I tell her and bite my lip.  "It's that man's blood isn't it." She smirks.  "And how did you find out? Oh wait don't tell me you read my mind." I said with some sarcasm.  "Actually to tell you the truth no I didn't."  My eyes widen in shock. "Wow I'm surprised! How did you find out though?"   "I'm hungry."  I roll my eyes. "Seriously! You just ate not to long ago!"  "Yeah but I should've eaten the man's dog instead. The guy was too old. His blood was useless."  "So you killed and innocent man, letting his dog run away, for no reason!"  "Yeah pretty much."  "Sophie! Oh My God! You know what that's it! You're not eating anything else today!"  "Oh but I'm hungry!"  "To bad!"  "I hate you."  "Same to you."  "So let's keep talking about that party." Sophie says changing the subject.