Chapter 2: REAL STRENGTH

Killing School Trip

Hajime: "The storage room?" This whole situation confused Hajime, he was basically brought here against his will. For some reason, Akane wanted to explore this room, and he was forced to come along. Hajime was just enjoying some early lunch in the restaurant before Akane came up to him and dragged him along with her. 

It was relieving to know that Fuyuhiko was recovering in the hospital on the Third Island, but the Ultimate Yakuza's mindset was too focused on Peko and her execution the previous day. Akane on the other hand, was mostly focused on receiving 'it' from Nekomaru. Even though people would assume 'it' meant sex, the truth was that 'it' actually meant a massage. Nekomaru has been giving massages to Akane when they were alone, a way to help her training.

Akane: "Monomi will let you in if you just ask her, she sure is a pushover. I made sure to ask her before I found you in the restaurant. I found out that there's canned food here, isn't that awesome!? Since there's no one here, you can steal... I mean, burrow as much as you want! Haha, it's a canned food party!" Akane's eyes lit up from being surrounded by food, she almost looked like a little kid.

Hajime: 'When she looks this happy, it's hard for me to want to stop her.'

Akane: "Haha, score! When things don't make sense, the only thing I can do is stuff my face! As long as I can eat and move my body, that's when I feel like I'm alive. That's all I need."

Hajime: 'That's very Akane... I think, she's come a long way since we first talked in Jabberwock Park, but is that really okay?' For people, things are never that simple. It's possible that she might have something on her mind, she sounds like she's trying to convince herself that nothing was wrong. "Are you... worried about something?"

Akane: "Huh? W-What are you talking about? I don't really worry about things, there's no way I'd ever worry about anything!"

Hajime: "Really? Everybody has things they worry about. People feel hesitant or uneasy, and sometimes you just need to vent about it."

Akane: "That's wrong! I'm not that weak!" Akane swung her arm and hit the light switch, it's only dim, but Hajime thought he should still be careful.

*Bam!*

Hajime: 'Ow... and I've already walked into a shelf... hm? What's that white thing?'

Akane: "AAAAHHHH!!!"

Hajime: "Huh!?" Somehow, Hajime managed to turn on the light, and he saw Akane crouched on the ground, trembling next to a white sheet. It probably fell from the shelf when Hajime walked into it. "Akane, are you okay?"

Akane: "Gh... gh-gh... ghost."

Hajime: "That's not a ghost... it's just a sheet."

Akane: "Liar..."

Hajime: "I'm not lying. See? Look at your feet... right?"

Akane: "..." Akane's expression said it all, she was scared, shocked... and angry. It would seem that Akane has a fear of ghosts, and Hajime is the only other person who knows about it. "Forget about what you saw just now!"

Hajime: "Huh?"

Akane: "I-If you tell anyone, I'll kill you! If I even catch you thinking about it, I'll kill you! I'll... get you for this!" As quick as possible, Akane ran past Hajime and left the storage room, most likely heading for the exit of the old building. 

Hajime: 'I never thought I'd see Akane make a face like that.' She was blushing, something Hajime has never witnessed before, besides what happened when Nekomaru threatened to stop doing 'it' with her. but that wasn't all, while she was threatening him... his heart began racing. 'What is this? Why is my heart racing like this?'