Chapter 3: BABY STEPS

Killing School Trip

It was a pretty hot day, Jabberwock Island was originally known as an endless summer destination after all. Everyone had just finished searching the Second Island, and Hajime decided to take a break after looking around. He was so tired that he decided to sit down on one of the benches in the park of the Central Island, sitting only a short distance away from the giant countdown device that looked very similar to a bomb.

Hajime: 'Ahh... it's so hot, dressing like this wasn't a good idea after all.' He thought to himself as he unwrapped an orange popsicle that he got from the Rocketpunch market, might as well try to enjoy this hot day with a cold snack. Although he was enjoying some time to himself, the main reason he was alone was that he honestly didn't feel like being around everyone. After all, he and everyone else lost Byakuya and Teruteru just last night. The class trial was brutal, and Teruteru's execution wasn't something to laugh at. This was the reality that everyone was living in, Monokuma had complete control over the island and everyone that lived on it. 'Dammit, this heat's no joke.'

Akane: "Hey... can I get a bite of that?" Hajime looked up and saw Akane, breathing heavily while her entire body was drenched. Whether it was sweat or water, seeing her like that was uncomfortable. He wasn't able to keep eye contact with her, he didn't want to look at anything that might get him in trouble.

Hajime: "Uh... sure, I guess."

Akane: "Seriously!? Awesome, I'll have some then!" Without even thinking about it, Hajime gave Akane consent to have some of his frozen treat. Akane leaned down and placed most of the popsicle in her mouth, she didn't even bother taking it from his hands.

Hajime: 'Crap, I wasn't really thinking and I just...' She was pretty close to him right now, and the view he had was indescribable. While she was enjoying the popsicle, her cleavage was right there, dripping with sweat... or water. 'I... don't know where to look.' Taking him by surprise, Akane bit down on the popsicle and half of it was gone. It snapped him out of his thoughts, and his face was a shade of deep red right now.

Akane: "So cold, that really hit the spot! Thanks... huh? What's up? Does your stomach hurt?"

Hajime: "H-Huh? No... it's nothing."

Akane: "I guess that can't be helped, as thanks for letting me have some... I'll give you a bite." The popsicle was now in Akane's hand, now she was offering it to him. "Open wide."

Hajime: "Huh?"

Akane: "If you don't eat it quick, it'll melt." This was embarrassing, he thought he was gonna have some time to himself, but he's sharing the popsicle he brought from the market with a girl he hardly knows instead. Hajime ended up having the rest of the popsicle, trying his best to ignore the thought of him and her indirectly kissing. "Still, it really got hot out of nowhere. You should also throw yourself in the water like I did, it helps a great deal."

Hajime: "No thanks, I'll pass. Do you... want to relax for a bit?" He asked while looking away from her, not wanting to show her how much he was blushing. Akane thought about it for a bit before taking a seat next to him, he was clearly hesitant since the group went through a class trial just yesterday.

Akane: "Yesterday was pretty insane, huh?"

Hajime: "Yeah... I can't believe Byakuya and Teruteru are gone."

Akane: "So, you're mourning both of them? Not taking sides like that short girl did earlier?"

Hajime: "You mean Hiyoko? No, it doesn't matter if Teruteru killed Byakuya, losing both of them hurts."