Chapter 13: FREE FROM DESPAIR

Nagito: "Free from despair?" Nagito seemed to be surprised by his statement, he kneeled down on one knee, eyeing him with his head cocked sideways. He was indeed fond of hope, but Hajime didn't think that his attention would be gained so easily. "The only way that could happen is if I got rid of you all, right?"

Hajime: "Do you understand that the school trip wasn't real?"

Nagito: "You're changing the subject already?" He chuckled, seeing that Hajime was trying to control the conversation. "Of course I do. I may be garbage, but I'm not completely stupid. I am alive, that much should be obvious."

Hajime: "So, you should also understand that we don't need to kill each other to survive." Nagito only laughed at his words, his laugher was irritating, but it would need to be overlooked for the time being. Hajime sat still, waiting for the laughter to cease before speaking again. "You don't need to hurt anyone."

Izuru: 'You're never going to make any progress talking like that. You sound bland... generic... boring.' Hajime's eyes widen at the sound of his own voice echoing in the back of his head. The tone was stern and condescending, commanding attention. Nagito's own expression went blank as he watched Hajime experience what looked like an anxiety attack. 'Let me do the talking.'

Hajime: "No!" Nagito jumped back, caught off guard by him suddenly raising his voice. Hajime's stomach rose and fell quickly, beads of sweat dripped from his forehead as he fell over onto his side. "I don't want to... I don't want to... disappear..."

Nagito: "Disappear? I'm not going to kill you just yet."

Izuru: 'He will kill you, kill us. I have already given you aid before, you wouldn't've lasted that long fighting her without my help.' He was referring to when Hajime and Akane were fighting on the beach before their confession. Hajime sat himself back up slowly, closing his eyes when he heard Nagito's laugh reach his ears again. His head was pounding, this throbbing self-induced headache only got stronger as he argued with... well, himself.

Nagito: "As an Ultimate, I can't help but pity you. Hold tight, I'll be back with some water." Nagito stood up to leave the room, but not before tightening the rope around Hajime's wrists and ankles. The knots holding him had just been tightened, he saw it himself. Which was why it surprised him greatly when he felt the rope around his wrists come undone.

Izuru: 'All the talents in the world are yours, even luck. It would be idiotic to not make use of what you have.'

Hajime: "I am not Izuru... Kamukura." He spoke to himself again, undoing the rope around his ankles by simply tugging at one of the ends. "So, tell me what you would say... just this once..."

Izuru: 'Finally, something that might be able to hold my interest.'

===========Timeskip===========

Akane: "If he dies, I'll kill him..." Akane was clearly frustrated that she couldn't go find Hajime or even get the door open.

Fuyuhiko: "He's not going to die." Fuyuhiko was the first to respond, the thought of Hajime dying never even crossed his mind.

Sonia: "Are you sure you cannot get the door open?"

Kazuichi: "I think he hid all of my tools, I can't find anything to work with."

The four of them were still trapped, Kazuichi was talking to Akane to pass time. Sonia and Fuyuhiko were pacing around the room, filling the air with occasional yawns. They were forced to give up their attempts at leaving and wait until Hajime returned, and they weren't even sure if he was coming back.