Chapter 10: MISSING PERSON

Fuyuhiko: "So, what happens now? He's got free roam of the island and I'm fairly sure he has something sharp." Fuyuhiko and Hajime were discussing the problem before them, staring at the severed arm that laid on the ground.

Hajime: "Well, someone needs to be here at all times now. Maybe even have two people here during the day, instead of just one." Hajime's eyes scanned over the pods before looking back at Fuyuhiko. If Nagito was able to wake up on his own, it might be possible for the others to do the same thing.

Fuyuhiko: "Hey, Kazuichi! Help me get rid of this arm!" Fuyuhiko shouted, walking off towards the mechanic. Hajime's attention went back to the arm, it was like he remembered from their closing moments in the simulation, it was indeed a woman's arm. As he continued to stare at the cold, lifeless limb, a thought came to mind. What could have been going through Nagito's head that would bring him to cut it off?

Hajime: 'Hold on, Makoto and his friends explained how Junko was executed during the killing school life. If what they said was true... then how did Nagito get his hands on Junko's arm in the first place?' Makoto Naegi and the other survivors of the killing school life escaped Hope's Peak Academy after defeating Junko Enoshima, then they had to witness her execute herself. It was pretty messed up to witness first-hand, but what really stuck with the survivors was the last part of the execution. Junko basically sat underneath a hydraulic press... and let it flatten her. Every single part of her body should've been flattened, so how was Nagito able to get her left arm?

Akane: "Hey, please tell me you're not going to stay here tonight." Akane appeared at his side, bringing his attention to her. "I still want to talk to you about... stuff."

Kazuichi: "I'll fill in for you tonight." Kazuichi said in front of him, he and Fuyuhiko were now struggling to get the arm into a bag without touching it. "I need to make up for letting him get away, I guess I can start by giving you the night off."

Hajime: "Are you sure?"

Kazuichi: "I'm the one who brought it up, so yeah, I'm pretty sure." He pumped his fist when Fuyuhiko finally managed to kick the arm into the bag.

Sonia: "Oh, I know this may not be a good time, but I am very happy for the two of you!" Sonia mused as she circled the room again, she had been checking up on all the others for signs of life. After Hajime and Akane arrived at the control room, it took a bit for either of them to bring up their confession. Sonia was beyond happy for them, Fuyuhiko just smirked at how successful his plan turned out to be, and Kazuichi was still trying to comprehend that Hajime and Akane were officially together now. "Speaking of which, when can we expect to see some little Hajimes running around?"

Hajime: "Okay, so I'm going to look around for Nagito now! Fuyuhiko, why don't you come with me!?" He grabbed his friend by the arm, tugging at him as he tried to drag him away. As they neared the door, the young yakuza felt the need to shout out something.

Fuyuhiko: "Kazuichi, go and bury that damn arm!"

The two of them quickly left the building and started searching for the missing person. Akane heated up immensely at the idea of having children, while Sonia laughed at her expense.

===========Timeskip===========

Hajime: "He left a blood trail..." After a short time walking outside, the two of them did indeed find a trail of blood on the ground, it was thin and faint, but it was something that they could follow at the least. Without a second thought, they started walking along the thin line.

Fuyuhiko: "So, do you think he's dangerous?" Fuyuhiko felt the need to ask.

Hajime: "It's Nagito, it'd be dangerous to think he wasn't." Hajime made a fair point. After what Nagito did to himself during the killing school trip, him being dangerous wouldn't be wrong to think about. 

As they followed the line of blood, they started to notice something. The trail had become more complex, complex meaning it looked like he began stumbling around as if he was half asleep. He had lost a lot of blood, that much was apparent, even if the trail was scarce of evidence. Most likely, his arm was wrapped up in whatever he could find.

Eventually, the line had led them somewhere. In his injured state, Nagito wandered into the grounds of the hotel. Past the gate, the blood trail had gone straight, avoiding the cottages. As comforting as it was to know he stayed away from their rooms, it was worse when Hajime and Fuyuhiko saw that the trail ended in front of the pool. There were no signs of blood in the water, nor any hints where he went from that point.

Fuyuhiko: "Fuck." Fuyuhiko grunted before looking at Hajime to decide what they would do from here. He said nothing, his eyes were shut as he stood there, arms crossed. His nose was twitching, prompting Fuyuhiko to do the same out of instinct. Seeing anyone but Akane sniff the air was weird, she and Hajime really were perfect for each other. Fuyuhiko immediately cringed when a putrid scent wafted into his nostrils. "What the hell is that? Smells fucking disgusting."

Hajime: "You smell it too? Smells like... something's burning." Hajime put a possible label on the scent. His friend couldn't help but inhale again to confirm it, almost gaging as the fool aroma hit him again.

Fuyuhiko: "So..." Fuyuhiko moved his hand over his mouth, trying not to gag while he spoke. "The kitchen... right?"

Hajime: "We'll see." Hajime started walking towards the restaurant. Fuyuhiko followed, his palm now covering his nose as well as his mouth. As they slowly climbed the stairs to the hotel's restaurant, the unpleasant aroma only grew in strength. Fuyuhiko's eye was starting to water, he was approaching his breaking point, only when they reached the kitchen did things worsen for him.

The kitchen was a complete mess, the floor and some parts of the walls were splattered with blood. Also, on the floor was a scrap of cloth, torn up and soaked in the bodily fluid. As Hajime took note of the messy state of the room, Fuyuhiko tapped him on the shoulder.

Fuyuhiko: "One of the burners is on..." His attention was directed to the stove. The appliance was on, as he was told, a pan was resting on the heated surface. "Is... is that... oh god!" In the pan were bits and pieces of what looked like meat and skin, completely burnt black. Under the flesh, a small amount of blood sizzled lightly and without much sound. "That sick bastard cauterized his wound!"

Hajime: "I'm surprised we didn't find him passed out from the pain."

Fuyuhiko: "Little fucker got lucky... turn that shit off, I'm gonna be sick."

Hajime did as he said, for the sake of them both, taking the pan and tossing it onto the counter after shutting the stove off. Nagito was nowhere to be found, the mess he left in the kitchen was the last trace of him.

Hajime: 'Of all the ones who died during Monokuma's sick game... why did he have to wake up first?'

===========Meanwhile===========

Nagito: "It... it wasn't real? Everything I did, was for nothing. And them... they're alive. Alive, Alive. They're all alive. Ahahahaha..."

Nagito whispered to himself as he sat in his current hiding place. He was confused, he thought he was dead. A sacrifice for hope, to end the Ultimate Despair. But they were still alive, and so was he. He was struggling to get a grip on reality, to come to terms with what he did... or thought he did.

Nagito: "I'll be all right, I will be all right. No matter how big the despair... hope will always win in the end."

Nagito Komaeda (Ultimate Lucky Student) ALIVE