Chapter 4: NO SHAME IN NORMALCY

Fuyuhiko: "Hey, are you going to answer the fucking door or not!?" Fuyuhiko almost slammed his knuckles against the beaten wooden door for the third time that morning. He had been knocking for at least half an hour on his third attempt, where as for the first two tries had ended in him leaving after about five minutes of waiting before he gave up. However, he wouldn't be shut out so easily this time. "I'll get Akane to kick down this damn door again!" He shouted once again before kicking the door with his right foot. "Hajime!"

*Click*

The door was unlocked from the other side, cracking open slightly. Through the opening only darkness was shown, aside from one other thing. Hajime's bright red eye peered out through the crack, staring down the agitated visitor. Nothing was said, or heard, by either of them.

Fuyuhiko: "You're not gonna say anything?" He took hold of the situation himself, shifting his head to the side as he spoke words soaked in anger and annoyance. No response was presented once again, it could even be thought that Hajime was not moving at all if his eye didn't close halfway.

Hajime: "Could I talk to you later?" Hajime spoke from behind his door, nearly causing Fuyuhiko to jump from hearing his voice. But the answer he had given didn't seem to remedy the situation at all. Fuyuhiko's fists curled up at his sides, his knuckles popping from the motion.

Fuyuhiko: "You're lucky we're friends. Anyone else? Well, they'd be fucking dead by now." Fuyuhiko took a deep, calming breath. His body loosened up, palms opening as they slid into his pockets. He turned and walked away, but not before saying that he would hold Hajime at his word.

Watching him leave his view, Hajime let out a heavy breath as he pushed his door shut, locking it as he now leaned beside the frame. He stared at the ground before moving so that his back was pressed against to the wall. He slid down to the floor, now sitting as he clutched his head in his hands. Inside his head, he wrestled with his thoughts.

His thoughts of the happiness he wanted in his new life.

===========Meanwhile===========

Fuyuhiko: "Yeah, he's not coming." Fuyuhiko said as he took his seat among the others at the restaurant. "We'll just have to discuss this without him."

Akane: "And what's that again? Sorry, I already forgot."

Sonia: "What we should do about the others, should something happen." Sonia answered, she hid her face feeling embarrassed, looking down at her lap while she shuffled in her chair.

Kazuichi: "She means if someone wakes up and attacks someone else." He said bluntly. "Remember how Mikan acted in the simulation when she got her memories back? She killed two people!"

Fuyuhiko: "We can't say with one hundred percent certainty that something like that would happen again. Besides, we were the same as them. Confused, and afraid. It's only thanks to Hajime, Makoto, and his friends that we even remember what happened during that ordeal. If the bastard had bothered to show up, maybe he'd have some sort of idea."

Kazuichi: "Yeah... although, we might be worrying about this too soon. I'm in the control room all day, not even one of them has shown even the slightest change."

Sonia: "I guess all we really can do is believe in our friends and hope for the best..."

Their hope was dim, but it was there. Each of them felt saddened by the reality of their friends' conditions, but there was nothing that could be done right now. All they could do was continue living out their daily lives. Continue to live and hope that eventually, all their friends will join them again.