Chapter 35: DOOMED TO FAIL

AUTHOR'S NOTES: There's a Danganronpa V3 Killing Harmony reference in this chapter. Try and find it... if you can.

Hajime's eyes shot open, a smile formed on his face when he realized it was all a dream. But the emotions he felt were real as he noticed he was still crying. He looked down at his lower abdomen, surprised that he couldn't feel any pain. His shirt had been removed in order to apply the bandages. He got out of bed and headed for the bathroom, he looked into the mirror as he removed the bandages. He saw the scar the knife left, his hand however didn't suffer a big enough injury like his abdomen, it got cut... not stabbed, his head seemed to have completely healed as well.

After changing into clean clothes, Hajime left his cottage, realizing it's now nighttime. He turned to face Nagito's cottage, slowly opening his door, hoping it doesn't make too much noise. He saw Nagito lying in his bed, still unconscious from what happened in the restaurant, that wasn't going to stop what Hajime had in mind. He walked over to Nagito and picked him up, carrying him out of his cottage, heading straight for the control room.

After arriving, Hajime placed Nagito in one of the pods. No one would expect him to put Nagito back into the comatose state, but he had a plan. Hajime thought about how Nagito woke up after the events of the Neo World Program, he woke up on his own... through luck. Not like everyone else, it made Hajime believe that Nagito wasn't lucky at all... he was unlucky, he didn't go through what everyone else went through. Ever since he awoke, Nagito wasn't right in the head, he hid it from everyone... even Hajime. So, he wanted to make this right... he wanted to help Nagito... in more ways than one.

Hajime went into the storage room and grabbed everything he thought was useful, he was planning on making a mechanical arm for Nagito... but that's not all he wanted to do.

===========Timeskip===========

It was late... one in the morning at the latest, but all of Hajime's effort was worth it. Nagito's mechanical arm was complete, although it's bound to stand out quite a bit. He took a second to look over what he had made, suddenly realizing exactly HOW he made it.

Hajime: "Mechanic, engineer, and inventor. I can't believe it." Hajime turned around and looked at the pods and computers. "Hacker, programmer, and intellectual. I've been using different talents all along... I just didn't realize it. Athlete, fighter, and martial artist. That explains how I've been able to train with Akane." Being able to pass as another person, photography, dancing, music, medical knowledge, animal care, swordsmanship, motivating others, mechanics, royal stature, gaming, yakuza toughness, gymnastics, and luck, among MANY other talents now at his disposal.

After having that dream earlier, Hajime learned that he was immune to being sick. During his recovery from being elbowed in the face and getting hit with a wrench, all of which was thanks to Akane, he just needed to rest in order for his injuries to heal on their own. He wasn't sick, the closest he's ever felt to being sick during his time on Jabberwock Island was when he was forced to go without food while stuck in the Funhouse.

While he was looking over the mechanical arm, something strange happened. Hajime's head began to hurt, but he couldn't explain why or how. When it forced him to close his eyes and hold his head in place, the moment he opened them again... he found himself at the marina, staring out at the sea... as a small fleet of ships approach the island.

Hajime: 'Ships? Heading to Jabberwock Island? HOW AM I SEEING THIS!!!?' There were at least thirty to forty ships heading towards the island, he didn't understand anything that was going on right now. Then that aching pain came back, and Hajime held his head in his hands again. The scene changed from the marina to a conference room, he didn't recognize this room at all. But one thing did stand out... a body was seen on the floor, the body of a woman... and Hajime knew her. 'C-Chisa Yukizome!?' The teacher he met on the same day he met Chiaki for the first time, why was she here? And why was she dead? Confusing him even more, that pain returned one more time. His final change of scenery brought him to a building, different from where the conference room was. 'I don't understand... where am I now?'