Chapter 7: NIGHT SHIFT

Kazuichi: "You know, we can work out a schedule for this."

Hajime: "It's fine. Go back to the hotel and get some sleep." Hajime almost had to yell just to get Kazuichi to leave, the whole group had discussed the Nagito event for a large majority of the day. While they were all awaiting their friends' return, the last person they would want to wake up first was him. Everyone thought that someone should stay overnight and watch the pods while the others slept. Hajime volunteered to stay every night, the others were slightly against the idea because it seemed somewhat unfair.

Kazuichi: "If something happens, you'll be all right then?" Kazuichi's concern was nice and all, but it was becoming a bit irritating.

Hajime: "Nothing will happen." Hajime smiled, trying to pound some sense of ease into the mechanic's head.

Kazuichi: "Well, if he does wake up, be careful. Things usually tend to go his way... I guess I'll see you tomorrow." Kazuichi finally left for the night, reluctantly.

Hajime let out a heavy breath as soon as his friend left earshot. The first thing that came to mind was time. He would be up for a minimum of eight hours, guarding these sleeping bodies from nothing. But it was a necessary precaution to take, if there was a chance 'he' would wake up. Nagito Komaeda wasn't the most pleasant person to be around, his actions against everyone else in the simulation didn't help his case, of course.

Hajime didn't want him out of his sight.

===========Flashback===========

Killing School Trip

Everything was blurry, but before that, everything was dark. It came as a surprise to everyone in the lobby, everyone... except Nagito. Hajime and Nagito came to the lobby before the Monokuma announcement, something that would let everyone know when bedtime was. After Nagito entered the hotel lobby, he was ambushed by Akane and Fuyuhiko. Kazuichi planned on capturing Nagito and tying him up, similar to his plan after the first class trial, when he and Nekomaru knocked Nagito out and left him tied up in the old building by the hotel. But before they could get answers about what Nagito had planned for the remaining participants... a bomb went off and knocked everyone out. 

The hotel lobby was now in flames, monitors and cameras located in the room were destroyed, there were even some holes in the floor.

Hajime: "W-What's... going... on?" Those were the only words that left Hajime's mouth, but they vanished before they even met anyone's ears, including his. They were drowned out by the sound of terrifying laughter, when Hajime looked up at the top of the stairs... there stood Nagito, and he looked very menacing.

Nagito: "Hahahahaha! Ahahaha! It's amazing! These amazing fireworks surely befit the beginning of the end! It's over, this is the end... the killings are done for good. Scapegoating the weak in the name of justice, while fearing when the others will stab you in the back. This game of self-righteous hypocrisy ends now! And to do that... I will destroy Jabberwock Island!"

Hajime: "W-What do you mean?"

Nagito: "That was just a little demonstration, that's why it's the beginning of the end... the actual bomb I'm going to use isn't nearly as weak."

Hajime: 'A-Actual... bomb?' It looked like the others were beginning to wake up, finally recovering from the impact of that explosion. The only person that wasn't present was Chiaki, she must've gone back to her cottage after she called Nagito to the hotel lobby.

Nagito: "I've set up a large number of bombs in a certain place of the island, if all those bombs explode... the force will be enough to wipe out this entire island!"