Chapter 30: PROMISES

AUTHOR'S NOTES: This chapter is a prequel. It takes place before chapter 1, just in case you get confused.

Darkness. That's all Hajime can see for some reason. The last thing he can remember was him and the others defeating Junko Enoshima and activating the shutdown sequence with the help of Makoto Naegi and his friends. What's going on? Where was he? And how does he get out? He was still trying to process everything until he saw a bright light, a voice can be heard also.

Makoto: "Izuru! Can you hear me!?" That's Makoto's voice. Before he could react, the light became extremely bright, and Hajime had no choice but to cover his eyes. Everything was still hard to see thanks to the light, but it all started to become visible after a few seconds. Hajime could see someone leaning over him, he couldn't tell if they were good or bad, until he heard that voice again. "Do you... know who I am?" Hajime sat up to see Makoto standing right next to the pod he was laying in.

Hajime: "Makoto Naegi, member of the Future Foundation."

Makoto: "Are you Izuru Kamukura? Or are you Hajime Hinata?" It's just one question after another

Hajime: "I'm... Hajime Hinata." He was a bit hesitant answering that one, but even Hajime had to be sure about who he was. He looked down at his body, he was wearing his Hope's Peak Academy uniform. Like what he wore during the simulation, but with a blazer. But that didn't shock him at all, what did was when he got up and looked into a mirror located in the storage room, he was stunned. He now had long black hair and his left eye was now red, a painful reminder that Izuru Kamukura will be a part of him for the rest of his life.

He patted himself down and flinched when he got to his pockets, he reached in and pulled out something that even Makoto couldn't believe, Chiaki's hairpiece. A pixelated ship. Hajime noticed the ship was getting wet, that was because of the tears that were running down his face.

Byakuya: "Looks like he'll be fine, the others better be this easy." Makoto and Hajime turned around to see Byakuya Togami and Kyoko Kirigiri standing by the exit, Kyoko was holding a pair of scissors and staring at Hajime.

" Makoto and Hajime turned around to see Byakuya Togami and Kyoko Kirigiri standing by the exit, Kyoko was holding a pair of scissors and staring at Hajime

Kyoko: "Before we wake up your friends, do you want me to cut your hair?"