Chapter 22: YOUNG MASTER

Nagito: "How did you do it?" Nagito asked Hajime as he leaned over the table, prompting the other three boys to groan. He had asked the same question over and over already, apparently not wanting to go without an answer. Not like anyone could blame him, Hajime is the only one who knows how Mahiru was able to rejoin the land of the living. Well, other than Usami, but the others don't know about her either.

Fuyuhiko: "Shut up!" Next to him, Fuyuhiko placed his hand on his face, pushing the white-haired student roughly back into his seat.

Mahiru: "They look as unreliable as ever..." Mahiru said as she observed the boys' interaction from across the room, Sonia and Akane looked at them next, laughing when they saw Nagito's chair completely collapse under him.

Sonia: "They are not so bad." Sonia argued for them, earning a doubting glance from the photographer.

Kazuichi: "How did you manage to do that?" They heard Kazuichi ask as he leaned over, examining the now disassembled piece of furniture. The boy in question shrugged as he raised his arm and jumped back when the table they were sitting at collapsed as well.

Mahiru: "Does that look reliable to you?" The redhead pointed at them, letting her brow go up as high as it could.

Sonia: "They have been doing their best... It is not like they have been doing nothing this whole time." Sonia tried again to reassure, a bit concerned when she took a second glance at the scene unfolding across the room.

Kazuichi: "While it's nice to see Mahiru back with us, Hajime did say that he wanted to wake someone else up today, right?"

Hajime: "Yep, it didn't take as long as I thought it would, so I think I can try waking another." Hajime got up and started walking towards the stairs that led down to the hotel lobby, since Mahiru was Hajime's first choice, who was going to be next?

Nagito: "Hold on, don't start without me!" Nagito shouted as the other boys stood up and began to exit. The girls watched as they left, leaving Nagito alone, scrambling to clean the mess made by his bad luck.

After a successful first attempt, Hajime was eager to continue in welcoming the others into consciousness. Up next, by the will of a certain yakuza, was Peko Pekoyama, the Ultimate Swordswoman.

Fuyuhiko: "Don't you think this is happening too soon?"

Hajime: "I think that as long as there's only one with murderous intent, then we should be fine." Fuyuhiko was questioning Hajime's decision to keep things going so quickly. When Kazuichi slammed his opinion on the conversations table, the mechanic had the eyes of them both now.

Kazuichi: "What's the matter, Fuyuhiko? Worried your girlfriend might go on a rampage?" Fuyuhiko clicked his tongue as Kazuichi laughed out loud, Hajime let a light laugh escape past his lips.

Fuyuhiko: "Did you just laugh!?" The baby-faced young man shoved his finger in the face of the accused.

Hajime: "I probably would've worded it a little differently." This caused Kazuichi to continue laughing, Sonia and Akane joined in as Mahiru had no idea what was funny. To be fair, it's understandable since she never witnessed the results of the second class trial.

Fuyuhiko: "I need a new face to talk to. Anyone would do better than you two and the one-armed preacher. Let's get this show on the road."

===========Timeskip===========

Hajime: "Is everyone here?" His body snapped quickly during his turnaround, the ahoge atop his head twitching as it fought against the whipping air. He didn't even see if anyone was opening their mouth to speak, swivelled to view the task at hand.