Chapter 23: MOTION SICKNESS

AUTHOR'S NOTES: There's a Persona 4 reference in this chapter, try and find it.

Fuyuhiko: "Never ask me about that again. It didn't work. End of story."

Peko: "Forgive me, so... what are we supposed to do?"

Fuyuhiko: "Huh?"

Peko: "What are we supposed to-" Peko was cut off by Fuyuhiko slamming his foot against the pod she was leaning against. She flinched at the crash, eyes widened at him as she fought to maintain her stoic composure instead of slinking back in fear and surprise.

Fuyuhiko: "Fuck! Please tell me you didn't just fucking say that."

Peko: "Say wha-"

Fuyuhiko: "Don't act stupid with me! What are we supposed to do? That's what you were going to say, right?"

Peko: "Yes."

Fuyuhiko: "For who?" He hissed his words harshly, confusing her greatly. Was this just a trick question? She continued staring at him silently, watching his facial expression convert further into anger and frustration. "I said... for who."

Peko: "What do you mea-"

Fuyuhiko: "That is what I mean! You're smart, aren't you? So, tell me."

Peko: "Jun-"

Fuyuhiko: "Godammit!" He kicked the pod again out of anger, once, twice, three times. Things had just escalated to a higher level of confusion for her, and a higher level of frustration for him. Fuyuhiko slowly grew silent and started staring at her, cupping his chin in his hand as his right foot started rapidly tapping the ground. "I need you to get what I'm about to say through your head. We are DONE with Junko Enoshima. You get me? DONE!!!"

The order was enough to finally draw out some emotion from her, a shocked look now displaying on her face. She was speechless, making the matter clear to Fuyuhiko, who now has a shocked look upon his face as well.

He didn't know what exactly to do at this moment, a scenario like this, the last thing he could imagine would transpire. The first thing he thought to do was to call Hajime back from wherever he had gone, but that thought also came with the fear of what he would do. Likely, presumably rather, she would be restrained and forcibly locked away while he attempted 'reconditioning' her in whatever way he saw fit. The second thing he thought to do was to 'slay the shit out of her' in hopes of knocking her to her senses, but that was obviously counterintuitive.

Fuyuhiko: "What's with that look?" He growled, receiving no immediate answer, other than the still shocked look on which he was speaking of. She shifted slightly in place, knees wobbly and ready to give way to the need to fold. She was still holding on to her reply, and turned distraught when she noticed the glance of disappointment pass over her. "Say something..."

He was slowly losing his will to continue. Seeing that now saddened face of hers only made this worse. The two of them continued looking at each other in a sullen silence, waiting for the other to speak. After a few seconds, Peko let out a light whimper as her legs gave out under her, leaving her on the ground with her back against the pod she was holding herself up with.

Peko: "I can't believe what's happening..."

A light had switched on in Fuyuhiko's brain, his fingers snapping loudly at the realization. He cursed himself for having passed over the thought, that she had remembered what transpired in the killing game they participated in.

Fuyuhiko: "Wait... do you remember the trial and everything else?" She nodded her head as soon as he stopped speaking. In his mind, he was smiling wider than humanly possible, finding some piece of information he could finally work with positively.