Chapter 5: STRESSED OUT

Fuyuhiko: "Don't look." Fuyuhiko leaned over, whispering into Hajime's ear as they sat at one of the many tables in the restaurant. Their three other friends were sitting near each other a few feet away, making small talk. Hajime turned his head, raising a brow to show how much he had understood that statement.

Hajime: "Don't look at what?" He whispered back after swallowing a mouth full of food. They played out their private conversation as smooth as possible, the topic of interest still in the air. Fuyuhiko took a sip of water, before bringing another bit to his mouth, speaking as he did so.

Fuyuhiko: "Akane's staring at you." A wave of heat slapped him in the face. Fuyuhiko caught the change in his composure, coughing to suppress his laughter. From his seat, Hajime could see Akane from the edge of his peripheral vision, pure curiosity is what urged him to turn his head. "I said don't look, you moron." He was prodded in his side with an elbow. His head staying in its current position, watching his hand needlessly toss food around on his plate. Fuyuhiko took a bite, chewing slowly and without interest.

Hajime: "How can you tell?" He probes for information, his whispers dancing on the thin line of secrecy. Fuyuhiko leans back, stretching against his chair so that his head was closer to Hajime's ear.

Fuyuhiko: "She's not eating... at all." What was that supposed to mean? He showed his confusion by making a face, only receiving a few muffled curse words as a response. "Her plate is still full, you fucking genius. She's too preoccupied with looking at your damn face."

Hajime grunted as Fuyuhiko quickly stomped on his foot. He turned his head as he retaliated by copying his action. After that, his body had succumbed to his overwhelming curiosity, and he shifted his eyes in her direction.

Their eyes met instantly, and, in that instant, all his nervous hopes had jumped out of hiding. Now, all that could be felt by him was warmth. His chest flared up as the fires within rekindled themselves. Slowly, he could feel his anxieties begin to fill his head again.

Fuyuhiko: "You know... there is such a thing as waiting too long." Hajime's head turned back towards Fuyuhiko when his words reached him, after exchanged a few remarks, he couldn't help but look back at Akane.

At her seat, having been discovered, she tried putting on a façade by attacking the food on her plate. The blush on her face had stayed behind as she ate, her eyes struggling to keep from looking back at him.

Hajime took this chance to get up and leave the room. Saying nothing, he took his leave, walking out of the hotel grounds. He needed to be alone, to relax. So, he walked towards the beach.

===========Flashback===========

Killing School Trip

This situation was terrible, Monokuma was really going all out with the motive this time. First, he mentioned a traitor and their stolen memories, and it ended with Teruteru killing the imposter impersonating Byakuya. Second, he created a game for everyone to play, Twilight Syndrome Murder Case, then Peko went ahead and killed Mahiru. Now? He created a sickness that was currently affecting three members of the group. Nagito, Ibuki, and Akane.

Everyone was forced to isolate from the Despair Disease, since it was contagious. Sonia, Gundham, Kazuichi, Chiaki, and Hiyoko were staying at the motel on the Third Island. Mikan had to stay in the hospital to treat the sick, while Hajime and Fuyuhiko decided to stay behind and watch over everyone in the hospital... including Mikan.

Since they weren't allowed to spend the night in the hospital, the boys were forced to return to their cottages to sleep. Monokuma gave Mikan permission to sleep in the hospital, since she was needed there, but the main reason for her staying was due to the fact that Nagito was in worse shape than the others.