Chapter 17: BAD MEMORIES

Fuyuhiko: "Look, I just want to eat some food and go back to bed. Just go and do whatever. As long as you show up tonight so someone can lock you up again, you're free to do whatever you want." Fuyuhiko rolled his eyes at Nagito, who had interrupted his meal. He just stood there, like he was waiting to hear anything else, and it only made him angrier that Nagito was still hovering around him silently. He raised his left arm and index finger, wagging it slowly as he prepared his next words. "Nothing is going to happen until the next person wakes up. Until then, we just... live, or whatever." He picked up where he left off, now chewing on a spoonful of rice.

Nagito: "I'm sorry for bothering you, I'll be going now." He said very plainly, his body moving to leave before he was stopped by Fuyuhiko.

Fuyuhiko: "Hey, just because I'm acting like an asshole, doesn't mean you have to leave without having something to eat."

Sonia: "I was about to say that!" Sonia yelled out from the kitchen, the clanging of pots and pans heard after.

Nagito: "No... I'm all right. I appreciate the gesture, but I'm good for now." He left after that, quickly too. Fuyuhiko kept his eyes on the stairs for a while after he left, shrugging it off in order to bring his attention back to his meal.

Sonia: "Where did he go?" Sonia came out of the kitchen with a plate of food meant for Nagito, stopping when she saw he wasn't there.

Fuyuhiko: "He said no thanks. Just throw it on Akane's plate, god knows she won't mind." Sonia stood there for a few seconds before moving to a nearby table with two plates on it. One was meant for Hajime, a normal amount of food on the dish. The other was meant for Akane and had what looked like enough food for six people on it. Sonia quickly headed back into the kitchen with the dirty dish, leaving Fuyuhiko to sit again in silence.

Sonia: "DAMMIT!!! SHIT!!! MOTHERFUCKER!!!" Her voice came from the kitchen again after a thud and the sound of something shattering. Fuyuhiko choked on his food, surprised by her sudden explosive outburst. Painfully pushing the food down his throat, he stands up from his seat, moving to go and check on her. He stopped at the door to the kitchen, looking down at the floor, around her were the scattered remains of the ceramic plate she was carrying. All that fuss... over a broken plate? He couldn't help but laugh at her.

Fuyuhiko: "You shouldn't scream that loud, I thought you hurt yourself." He took a step forward, now laughing at the string of curse words she used when she fell. As he reached out to give her a hand, he lost his footing, he slipped because of the wet ground beneath him. "SON OF A BITCH!!!" He landed on his back, pretty hard I might add.

Sonia: "Be careful." Fuyuhiko sat up, arching his back as he did. "I think the floor may be a little wet."

Fuyuhiko: "You think?"

===========Meanwhile===========

Kazuichi: "Nah... I can't. Can I? No, I can't. But maybe..." To no other reason but being bored, Kazuichi had started exploring the control room's building more thoroughly, the storage room to be specific. The research facility on Jabberwock Island was originally placed on the Central Island, where Jabberwock Park was located. But it would seem that the facility was moved to the First Island, easier to access when there aren't any bridges to access the other islands. Hidden away, as well as possible, was a digital camera. He became rather excited when he found it but was put off at further glance of the item, on the front lens of the camera was a red sticky note with heavy black ink scribbled on.

I have decided to leave this decision to you. You decide whether to delete these photos or not, VIEW AT YOUR OWN RISK. 

Makoto Naegi.