Chapter 37: REMNANTS OF HOPE (END)

AUTHOR'S NOTES: Think of this chapter as the HOPE ARC, but longer. also, it's not focusing on Makoto and his friends like the actual episode does, it focuses entirely on Hajime and his friends. This will be the last chapter for the main story, but I'll also be making an OVA. Thank you for reading, and I hope you're excited for what comes next.

Everyone was on the ship they stole and were heading straight for the Future Foundation's headquarters. They were able to find out where their destination was through the maps on the ship, and by interrogating the Future Foundation soldiers they kept tied up. Once they became useless, they were knocked out, killing them was completely out of the question. Hajime could see that this ship had a GPS, giving him the impression that this ship would be able to steer itself. But there was one thing he wanted to do, and it involved revealing a certain someone to everybody. Hajime reached into his shirt pocket and pulled out a small microchip, he then installed it in the computer system, making that someone appear on the big screen that hung from the ceiling in the ship's bridge.

Usami: "Yay! I officially have complete control of everything on this ship! And this time, I don't have a black and white bear to stand in my way!"

Hiyoko: "WOAH!!! What's SHE doing here!?"

Kazuichi: "T-This doesn't make sense, I thought she was executed alongside the traitor."

Hajime: "Believe it or not, but she wasn't removed at all. I found her in the Neo World Program, she's actually the one who helped me wake you all up."

Sonia: "I cannot believe it, Monomi was able to come back and assist us with helping everyone?"

Usami: "Hey! It's Usami! I refuse to be called Monomi from now on."

Fuyuhiko: "She's suddenly grown a pair since the last time I saw her."

Hajime: "With Usami steering the ship, let's go over the plan. The Future Foundation's headquarters is located on an island far off the coast of Japan, at least that's what those soldiers said. Nobody is supposed to know where their HQ is, but thanks to our intruders, we'll be there in no time."

Mahiru: "How many people are going to be there?"

Hajime: "There's bound to be a pretty large number of soldiers, so we'll have to take them out first."

Mahiru: "I had a feeling you were going to say that, oh well... continue."

Hajime: "Some of us will have to enter the building, while some of us will have to remain outside." Everyone was looking at one of the screens that presented some blueprints on their destination, there was even one hidden in the system that showed everything Jabberwock Island had to offer. Hajime made a mental note to take those blueprints and use them to explore the other islands around them.

Nagito: "I suppose I can go around the back of the building, it's best if we don't get surprised while looking for Ryota Mitarai."

Ibuki: "I'm going to put on a show they'll never forget!"

Mahiru: "You can count on us."

Gundham: "I shall extinguish all who stand in our way."

Peko: "We won't fail."

Fuyuhiko: "How bold, though it'll be extremely dangerous... I wouldn't be much of a yakuza if I sat this one out." Fuyuhiko and Peko planned on staying together, while Mahiru decided to accompany Ibuki as they planned to put on a show. Yes, that was Ibuki's plan. Gundham felt that he needed to stay outside the building, which would give him more room to shine as he and his animal companions can really let loose without any restraints.