Chapter 15: NOTHING BUT LUCK

AUTHOR'S NOTES: Chapters 15, 16, and 17 take place at the same time, but through difference perspectives. This one will be through Nagito's point of view, while the next one will be through Hajime and Akane's point of view, and chapter 17 will be through Kazuichi, Sonia, and Fuyuhiko's point of view.

Kazuichi: "Right, so you're free now... um... there's breakfast... at the restaurant." Kazuichi had locked eyes with Nagito, who was sitting still on his bed. The sun had risen a few hours ago, even though people were just now waking up. The only people who were still asleep were Akane and Hajime, and the others didn't want to disturb them again, Kazuichi had already tried and received a very convincing threat from the Ultimate Gymnast that would make anyone feel uneasy. "So, I'm leaving now... see you later... I guess."

It was awkward trying to talk to Nagito like everything was normal. It wasn't showing right now, but there was a side to him that just couldn't be forgotten. His twisted point of view was enough to drive him to kill even himself after all. Kazuichi felt like it was wrong to allow him to walk about freely, as did the others, the only reason that he wasn't tied up right now was that Hajime had brought him back. They didn't know how it happened, but until they did, they would exercise caution around him.

Nagito: "Wait, where are you going?" The mechanic flinched when he was stopped from leaving as he wanted, he turned around and his eyes locked on to Nagito's once again.

Kazuichi: "I've gotta... go back over there, where everyone else is still laid up! I-I'll see you later!" He didn't give Nagito a chance to stop him again, turning his back to him and started running as fast as he could. Nagito stood up from his bed and went to his door, where he could see Kazuichi running out of the hotel grounds in the direction of the control room.

===========Timeskip===========

Fuyuhiko: "Look, I just want to eat some food and go back to bed, just go and do whatever. As long as you show up tonight so someone can lock you up again, you're free to do whatever you want." Fuyuhiko had told him off when he asked about how the day would be spent. Before telling him to go away, all he really said was that nothing happens until the next person wakes up. It could be assumed that if he tried to interact with anyone to pass the time, they would act nervously and maybe even run away like Kazuichi did.

Nagito: "The day to myself, hm?" After talking to Fuyuhiko at the restaurant, Nagito had quickly returned to his cottage without eating. The idea of a free day brought a small bit of excitement, and he wanted to make the best of the time he had. Thoughts going by quickly, he had decided to stop at the beach first. As close and accessible as it was, it made for an easy first choice. "It'll be just like the first day." He was talking to himself as he walked to his destination, recalling the brief time everyone swarmed at the beginning of the school trip that Usami planned back in the Neo World Program. He remembered that the skies suddenly became pitch black, covering the sky as the series of events that would come after got worse and worse, that was the exact point in time when things all went south. "It's almost ironic."

He stopped as soon as he felt the sand beneath his feet. Unlike that moment, the sky was bright and blue, free of all clouds, and he was alone. This couldn't be any farther from the moment as it already was. As he started walking towards the shore, he started to undress. First, his jacket, then his shirt, then came his socks and shoes, only his pants were remaining. He left his now folded clothes under a palm tree and rolled up his pants legs as tightly as he could, stopping just above his knees.

The water was unbelievably cold, and that was just the tide rolling over his bare feet. As he walked against and into the waves, it only became colder, a welcoming feeling as the hot sun beamed down on his pale skin. He quickly found the best position to enjoy himself, floating on his back with his eyes closed.