Chapter 24: INTUITION

The ears of the yakuza and swordswoman twitched when the booming echo of an explosion reached them. Fuyuhiko stopped moving forward, Peko did the same out of necessity. He let his eye stare down the road and cringed when a plume of smoke was seen floating towards the sky, leaving a black trail behind it. The sight worried him slightly, and annoyed him even more. The image of Nagito committing an act of arson for whatever reason came to mind, that's what he would think happened until he knew what went down.

Fuyuhiko: "I think we can assume that's where everyone went, yeah?" He asked her to drum up some conversation. He kept his head straight as he awaited an answer, his eye glancing at her sideways.

Peko: "Most likely, yes." She gave a dry, thoughtless response, earning a sigh from Fuyuhiko.

Fuyuhiko: "How are your legs feeling?" He didn't want their talk to fall flat, so he took the initiative to ask another question.

Peko: "I don't think it will be long until I can walk on my own." At that, he clicked his tongue, catching the meaning behind her words. He looked at her and tightened the link between their arms and gave her a light smile.

Fuyuhiko: "Don't be stupid, I'll be here to help you as long as you need me to."

Peko: "R-Right... thank you." As they continued on their way towards their friends' whereabouts, Fuyuhiko failed to see Peko's face begin to slightly turn red. It seems that she remembers what Fuyuhiko said after all, what she wanted to know was what he really meant by them.

I never wanted a tool... I just wanted you, only you. I need you, don't leave me!

Those were the last words he said to her before Monokuma executed her, it didn't feel like that long ago. How long exactly did the seventy-seventh class spend in the Neo World Program?

===========Meanwhile===========

Kazuichi: "Please believe me when I say that was an accident." After being dragged back by Akane, with a now bleeding nose, Kazuichi bowed before Hajime. He looked at his pink-haired friend plainly, finally standing back up after a few seconds to observe the fire burning from the truck in front of them.

Mahiru: "That plane you hit is on fire." Mahiru popped up behind them, causing Kazuichi to flinch and scramble for the truck. Before he could grab the keys from the ground, he was jerked back by Hajime, who grabbed the back of his jumpsuit with both of his hands.

After telling the blundering mechanic to stay put, Hajime gestured to Akane, the two of them now standing side by side at the truck's tailgate. Together, they started pulling the truck away from the fire with ease, making the vehicle look almost as light as paper. They stopped once they had pulled the truck a safe distance away and were met with applause from everyone else but Nagito, who couldn't join in on that luxury.

Akane: "Fire's getting bigger." Akane said as the aviation machine was now engulfed in flames. Everyone gathered around to watch the fire and all flinched at the same time when the plane, for seemingly no reason, exploded. Along with the boom came the rising of the flames, and a thin pillar of black smoke.

Hajime: "Some clean clothes would be nice right now." Hajime teased Kazuichi as he peeked over his bare shoulder, arms clutching each other tight across his chest. He even had the gull to gesture to his pile of vomit-soaked clothes that were now laying in the sunlight. He even took it a step forward, looking down at his bare feet and wiggling his toes before speaking again. "The ground is pretty hot too."

Kazuichi: "What do you want me to do, huh? Snap my fingers and wish for your stuff to be clean?"

Hajime: "It would be a start."