2

— jasmine tea
water.

2 years later- age 15.
present time.

senna sat on the deck of the fire nation ship and stared up at the sky. it was a full moon tonight, meaning her waterbending was more powerful.

she sighed and took a sip of her tea iroh had made her earlier. it was jasmine tea, her favorite.

"what are you doing?" a voice asked from behind her. she didn't even bother to turn around, since she knew who it was.

"why do you care?" she sassed, lowering the cup away from her mouth. the fire prince took a seat next to the watertribe girl.

"what's so special about a moon? i see you staring at it every night."

senna finally looked at the boy. he looked tired and stressed, "you stalking me now, prince zuko?"

zukos eyes widened and he shook his head like crazy making senna laugh. she loved teasing him.

"kidding."

he smiled when the girl looked away. it's been two years since he asked for her help and he hadn't regretted it. she's been a really big help in trying to find the avatar.

"you know, today is actually my birthday." the girl spoke, closing her eyes as the breeze hit her face.

"really?" zuko asked.

she nodded and smiled, "every year on my birthday there's a full moon and i feel this power inside me grow. i know i sound crazy bu-"

"you aren't crazy, senna." the boy informed. it was true. she was far from crazy.

"well anyways." senna stood up and zuko did the same. both of them awkwardly looking at each other, "goodnight zuko."

she began walking away but soon was stopped when a hand grabbed her wrist, "what?"

"happy birthday, senna."

the girl smiled and walked away once more, heading to her chambers and falling asleep.

[xxxxxxxx]

senna took a deep breath in and out as she stood in a fighting stance. across from her were two fire benders ready to beat the girls ass.

"give me your all." she grinned.

the first fighter threw a punch of fire at her and she stopped it immediately with her hand and threw it back at the bender sending him flying across the deck.

the second fighter did the same but spun around, his hands upward as a circle of fire surrounded him. the fire flew toward senna and she blocked it with an ice wall she formed quickly.

"try harder!" she shouted, angrily.

"relax, little one." iroh spoke, placing down one of the pieces from his favorite game; pai sho, "getting angry is not the key to becoming a stronger waterbender."

iroh, who was zukos uncle, always had such good advice. he was her new father figure. during their travels, senna learned her father had been killed in the war.