31

— lake laogai

— lake laogai.
earth.

the gaang ran through the tunnels of the underground lake, hoping not to get caught.

"there might be a cell big enough to hold appa up ahead. i think it's through here." jet whispered, creaking open a door.

sokka stayed by sennas side as the group walked into the room. they looked around for any signs of appa. suddenly, senna heard the heavy stone door slam shut. she whipped her head in the direction of the noise, seeing no one there.

everyone else looked as confused as she was. sennas heart rate picked up as she looked up at the ceiling and saw something horrible.

dozens of dai li agents, hanging from the ceiling as if they were spider-bats, were looking down at the little group. the second senna noticed them, they jumped to the ground, forming a circle around them.

long feng emerged from the shadows, "you have made yourselves enemies of the state. take them into custody." he told a dai li agent, waving them off as if they were pesky flies, walking over to the door and standing in front of it.

senna stared at him as he smirked at her. she felt around for her bending pouch but remembered it was gone.

the dai li nodded, and took a stance. two of them fired their rock hands at the group, which toph luckily casted away.

then, all hell let lose. all the dai li agents attacked them, each one concentrating on someone else. senna saw jet battle two at once with his swords, while aang, katara and toph were fighting a handful each with their respective elements. sokka, on the other hand, was battling three at once using his club and boomerang with the help of smellerbee and longshot.

two dai li agents confronted senna. she remembered them from that night. they came at her as if she wasn't a challenge. senna backed into a corner, pretending to be scared and as they were about to grab her, she moved her hands around her body in a circular movement, casting an aura of flames around her, pushing the two back.

senna looked over at long feng and she noticed her bending pouch resting on the right side of his hip. she clenched her teeth and quickly dodged chunks of rocks that were sent her way.

then she remembered her other ability and this ability didn't have a name yet. she closed her eyes and held out her hands, then focused on the two agents in front of her.

when she opened her eyes, they were levitating in the air. with one push, she sent them flying across the room.

"im impressed, dual bender." long feng grinned, approaching the girl. she glared at him and attacked with a roundhouse kick, fire flying out of her feet.

long feng backed away just in time and laughed, "nice try, but you can't beat me.."

senna swallowed and looked at her friends who were doing pretty well. smellerbee and longshot were battling a dai li agent together but jet wasn't doing too good so she ran over to help him.