26

— the drill

— the drill.
earth.

the next morning team avatar escorted the family to the outer wall of ba sing se. as they were, aang came flying back, which surprised senna.

he landed in front of the group, "aang, what are you doing here? i thought you were looking for appa."

"i was, but something came up."

"now what's so big that appa has to wait?" sokka asked the avatar.

"that." he said, indicating to the edge of the wall. the gaang all walked over and looked down to see a huge drill headed toward the wall.

sennas eyes widened when she saw a symbol engraved on it, "fire nation."

"what are you people doing up here? civilians aren't allowed on the wall!" some man shouted at the group, almost giving senna a heart attack.

they all turned to see a large man, wearing an earth kingdom military outfit.

"im the avatar. take me to whoever is in charge." aang told the man.

the man hesitated, but agreed to introduce them to the boss. the group followed the man who led them to the boss.

"greetings, avatar and friends. i am general sung." he introduced, "it is an honor to welcome you to the outer wall but your help is not needed."

"not needed?" aang asked in confusion.

"not needed." he replied, "i have the situation under control. i assure you the fire nation cannot penetrate this wall. many have tried to break though it, but none have succeeded."

"what about the dragon of the west? he got in." senna fired back.

"uh.....technically yes, but he was quickly expunged."

senna rolled her eyes, "right." she mumbled, staring down at the drill which was moving closer and closer to the wall.

the man continued to talk about how ba sing se was a "impenetrable city" and made some bad joke as well. then mentioned that he sent a group of elite platoon earthbenders called the terra team to deal with the drill.

"hm, catchy name. hey, maybe we should get a team name!" sokka exclaimed.

the group rolled their eyes and ignored him. well senna has been ignoring him since the break up from last night. she also told him that stumpy is hers and not his which he agreed too.

general sung then brought the group outside to see his terra team in action. they flung rocks at the drill but did absolutely nothing.

"we're doomed!" general sung panicked.

sokka slapped him across the face, "get a hold of yourself man!"

"you're right. im sorry."

"maybe you'd like the avatars help now?" senna raised an brow, gesturing toward aang.