23

— tales of the gaang

earth.

aang and toph argued with each other. aang blaming toph that it was her fault appa got taken while toph tried her best to defend herself.

"you just didn't care! you never liked appa! you wanted him gone!" aang yelled.

senna placed a hand on his shoulder in comfort, "aang, it's not her fault. you know she did all she could. she saved our lives."

"who's going to save our lives now? we'll never make it out of here." sokka complained.

"that's all any of you guys care about, yourselves! you don't care whether appa is okay or not!"

"we're all concerned, but we can't afford to be fighting now." katara said, trying to calm everyone down.

"im going after appa." aang said, grabbing his staff.

"aang no!" senna called, but it was too late, he already flew away.

they all watched his silhouette vanish, then katara broke the silence, trying to keep the group together.

"we'd better start walking. we're the only people who know about the solar eclipse. we have to get that information to ba sing se."

they all followed katara through the heat, in silence.

[xxxxxxxxx]

the gaang minus aang had been walking for hours. all of them exhausted because of the heat. poor stumpy was passed out in sokkas arms because of the heat.

"cant you watch where you're..."

"no." toph replied.

senna turned around, toph had apparently bumped into sokka.

"right...sorry."

"come on guys, we've got to stick together." katara said to the remaining members of the gaang.

sokka handed stumpy to senna and fanned himself, "if i sweat anymore, i don't think sticking together will be a problem."

"ew." senna mumbled, dying of thirst, "katara, can you please give us some water?"

"okay, but we've got to try to conserve it." she explained, then waterbended some swampy water into everyone's months, even stumpys.

senna gagged at the taste and so did stumpy.

"we're drinking your bending water! you used this on the swamp guy! ew!" sokka screeched, wiping his tongue with his clothes.

"ew! stop!"

"it does taste swampy." toph agreed.

"im sorry. it's all we have."

"not anymore! look!" sokka exclaimed, pointing at some random cactus. before any of the girls could react, sokka cut a piece and drank the liquid inside.