18

— greatest fear

— greatest fear.
earth.

the gaang all rest on appa as he flies through the air. senna smiled as she watched the sunrise. it was so beautiful.

next to her sat sokka who was also smiling. but not at the sunrise. at her.

"i know you're staring at me and not at the sunrise, boomerang boy." senna smirked, turning her head to look at him.

sokkas eyes widened and he looked away. senna laughed to herself but that ended when she realized appa was heading down, toward the swamp, not up, toward ba sing se.

"hey, aang, why we going down?" she asked the avatar who seemed out of it.

"huh? oh, i didn't even realize." he replied with a sigh, "i know this is going to sound crazy but i think the swamp is calling to me."

huh.

"is it telling you where we can get something to eat?" sokka asked, causing senna to roll her eyes, "shut up about food, sokka."

"no, i think it wants us to land there." aang continued.

"no offense to the swamp, but i don't see any land there to land on." sokka said, the group all looking down and sure enough, there was no land to land on.

"i don't know." aang shrugged, looking at his three friends, "bumi said to learn earthbending i would have to wait and listen, and now i'm actually hearing the earth. do you want me to ignore it?"

"yup." sokka said.

"no." senna said.

the couple shared a look.

appa let out a groan while momo laid next to senna, his head resting on her lap.

"see, even appa and momo don't like it here." sokka said to aang who sighed.

"okay, since everyone feels so strongly about this," he said, glancing at the swamp one last time, "yip, yip!"

suddenly, appa rose back into the air, away from the swamp. but out of nowhere, a tornado appeared, causing them to head back down toward the swamp.

"you better throw in an extra yip. we gotta move!" sokka yelled, panicking.

the tornado was too strong to get away from. the group got pulled into the tornado, all of them yelling. senna grabbed a hold of sokkas hand since he began flying away. luckily, aang made an air ball around appa and the group, protecting them from the strong winds.