21

— toph the master

— toph the master.
earth.

the next day, the gaang was woken up by an energized aang. senna groaned as the avatar jumped up off of appa and landed right on top of her.

"todays the day! can you believe it? after all that time searching for a teacher, im finally starting earthbending!" then momo landed on top of senna as well, rolling up into a little ball and falling asleep, "and this place, it's perfect. don't you think? sokka? senna? oh, you're still sleeping?"

aang then lowered his tone of voice, "sorry."

senna did her best to block out the sounds of the avatar speaking, "5 more minutes." she groaned, momo still on top of her.

suddenly the ground began to vibrate and tophs tiny earth tent was destroyed as she jumped up, "good morning earthbending student!"

momo got scared and flew off of senna, landing on top of appa. the girl groaned and cuddled closer to sokka who was also still trying to sleep.

"good morning, sifu toph."

"hey, you never call me sifu katara." the water bender said.

"well, if you want me to i can."

sokka then sat up looking as miserable as ever.

"sorry, snoozles. we'll do your earthbending as quietly as we can." toph whispered, then she earthbended a huge rock pillar under sokka, sending him flying through the air. he got himself back up, then hopped back next to senna.

toph and aang continued talking loudly about earthbending and at this point, senna knew she wasnt going to get anymore sleep, so she sat up and stretched.

she looked over at sokka who was trying to fall asleep again. she then leaned close to his ear, "WAKE UP BOOMERANG BOY!"

the boy jumped up and screamed, hopping away with his sleeping bag still on, "really?! im trying to get some sleep here!"

senna giggled, standing up and rolling up her sleeping and placing it into appas saddle, "it's time to wake up, sokka. we have a big day ahead of us."

after sokka found some food to eat, senna joined katara who was sitting and watching aang learn to earthbend.

aang tried earthbending, but instead of moving the rock away from him, he moved it toward him, making himself fall over.

"rock beats airbender!" sokka exclaimed, who was also watching the two earthbenders.

"i don't understand what went wrong. he did it exactly the way you did." katara said from the girls side.