28

— the date/the dai li

earth.

"sooo..." senna began, as the two stood in the streets of ba sing se, "what would you like to do?"

zuko stayed silent for a moment before speaking, "we could go for dinner. uncle sai-" he stopped short.

"nevermind..." he mumbled, blushing.

senna smiled and grabbed his hand, their hands interlocking. she felt him tense up but immediately relaxed.

the two walked around the city looking for a restaurant. finally they found a small noodle place that looked promising.

"table for two please." senna kindly told the man at the front.

he looked senna up and down and brought them to a table all the way in the back. it had a bunch of flowers and scented candles. senna felt a little uncomfortable when the man did that but said nothing.

zuko noticed and noted in his head to give that guy a message later to stay away from senna.

after a moment, a waiter came over to take their orders.

"what would you two like for today?"

"i'll take the noodle soup." senna said, reading it directly off the menu.

he nodded, "and for you sir?"

"what she said."

"anything else?" he asked.

"yeah, we'll share the spicy pickled kelp." zuko added, earning a nod from the waiter and left.

leaving the two alone.

zuko cleared his throat, "how have you been?"

"im doing okay. besides trying to get over a break up but that doesn't matter, how are you doing?"

zukos face dropped at the mention of 'break up.'
he had no idea she was dating someone when he last saw her.

"who was he?" he asked, his eyes filling up with rage.

oh no, what will he do?

"sokka, the one with the ponytail." she responded, slowly. zukos jaw clenched, he was so going to go kill that ponytail dick for hurting her.

"don't do anything." she said, placing a hand on his arm, immediately calming him down, "i forgave him and were friends now."

zuko nodded and sat back in his seat.