33

— i adore you

— i adore you.
earth.

senna rushed through the streets of ba sing se. she was only a few blocks away from zuko and irohs tea shop. she passed by the gaangs house, grabbing stumpy and her bag, incase they'd have to leave quickly.

after a while, she arrived at the tea shop. she ran a hand through her hair, took a deep breath and headed inside.

the shop was surprisingly empty, even though the door was unlocked. they usually had plenty of customers.

senna looked around, trying to find some note or anything to tell her where they were. of course, she found nothing.

senna went upstairs to the house section of the building. as she approached one of the rooms, senna heard a faint whispering.

she pressed her ear against the door to listen in.

"you're burning up. you have an intense fever." she heard iroh say softly.

senna pushed the door open by a crack and she saw zuko lying down, looking rather sick, with iroh next to him.

iroh stood up and put the bucket of water he was holding on the floor, "my dear nephew, it seems we have a visitor. come in."

senna froze in the doorway but she walked in anyway, immediately joining zukos side. he was asleep, "what's wrong with him?" she asked, placing a wet cloth on his forehead.

"he has done something new. something that goes against everything he has ever done before. his inner self is at war, because this choice was a violation against everything he believed in."

"what did he do?"

"what is important is not the deed, but the principle behind it." he said and looked over at the girl, "what has happened?"

senna took a deep breath and sighed, softly touching zukos face, "the dai li and long feng captured me, brainwashed me and i hurt my friends..."

she tried her best to hold herself together and to not start crying but she couldn't help it. she began to cry hysterically. iroh pulled the girl into a hug, "it is not your fault, little one."

"yes it is, iroh. i-i watched myself attack them. i hurt sokka and katara even aang and toph. im a monster."

"no, no, no." iroh shook his head and held the girls face in his hands, "you are no monster, senna. you are a warrior, a special kind of warrior. you hold this great power inside you that you'll soon figure out."

senna took in the mans words of wisdom as he stared down at his nephew. she felt bad for iroh and for zuko, she knew iroh saw zuko as his own after the death of his son.

"i hope so. can you now tell me what's wrong with our dear zuko?"

"as you know, he has dedicated a lot of his time and energy to hunt down the avatar. he has done something that helps him, because he knew it was the right thing to do."