15

— fire nation attack

water.

senna stands with jon, who also is a waterbender. when the two were children, they would always do duels with each other and practice that way. their fathers would be angered by it but they didn't care.

as the two practice their bending, senna noticed this black substance mixed with the snow fall from the sky. other people must of noticed it too because everyone was looking up at the sky.

being with zuko for two years, she knew exactly what this was.

the fire nation

members of her tribe rushed to her side and lead her and jon inside the palace. she looked around for her friends and finally she spotted them. she and jon separated from the villagers and now stands with her friends.

chief arnook stood in front of his people, "the day we have feared for so long has arrived. the fire nation is on our doorstep. it is with great sadness i call my family here before me, know well that some of these faces will vanish from our tribe, but they will never vanish from our hearts..... now, as we approach the battle for our existence, i call upon the great spirits! spirit of the ocean! spirit of the moon! be with us! im going to need volunteers for a dangerous mission..."

senna thought about this...the last time she helped protect her home, she was taken and she knows for a fact her father and uncle will not allow that to happen again.

sokka stood from his spot next to senna, "count me in!"

sennas eyes widened, "sokka no!" she shouted, begging him not to go. with the pain he had caused her, she didn't want him getting hurt, not like this.

"me too!" jon stood up.

"no!" senna grabbed his hand and he looked back at her with a smile, "it will be okay."

"be warned, many of you will not return. come forward to receive my mark if you accept the task." senna watched as sokka walked towards the chief. a tear fell down her cheek as he received the mark. same with jon.

these two boys, she cared about them with everything in her, she wouldn't know what to do if something happened to them.

they were dumb and stupid doing this, but brave for it at the same time. that's one of the many reasons why she loved sokka...

loved him?! no no way. it's way too soon for that. maybe i do i love him. a part of her felt guilty for loving him because a part of her also loves zuko.