4

— agni kai with zhao

water.

senna watched as the guards melted the big piece of ice that destroyed half their ship. she wasn't mad at the avatar, she was impressed.

a 12 year old kid was able to do this.
wow.

"if it isn't the little water bender, the prince loves so dearly. shocked you haven't frozen him yet." a deep voice speaks from behind her. senna knew exactly who it was and fought the urge to just freeze him right then and there.

"if it isn't the asshole who constantly bothers me everyday of my life." zhao chuckled at her come back and began walking around her.

she stood still with her hands by her sides. this man scared her. she's always been scared of him but she tried her hardest not to show it.

"you've grown into a feisty one, haven't you? does the prince like that?"

a growl came from sennas mouth, "come closer i dare you. i'll freeze your little as-"

"get away from her, zhao." the fire prince snapped, as he walked onto the deck. senna sighed in relief at the sight of zuko.

"relax. we were only talking." zhao smirked.

zuko lounged at the commander but senna held him back, standing in front of the two. she didn't really feel like breaking up a fight that was about to happen.

"don't waste your time on him, zuko. let's just go." the fire prince nodded and senna drags him down toward the shops at the port.

as senna was admiring some fire nation necklaces, zuko had told her he's dueling in an agni kai with zhao at sundown. senna slammed the money down on the table and stormed out of the shop.

"senna! what's wrong?" zuko caught up to her, "what did i do?"

zuko grabbed sennas wrist, stopping her from going back onto the ship. "why do you always get yourself into these type of situations, zuko?"

the boy looks down at his feet, unsure of what to say. he looks back up as rage covers the girls face.

"i leave you and iroh gone for a second and boom, you're now going to fight that asshole!" senna shouted, all eyes landing on the two.

zuko sighed. he hated seeing her angry at him. he always tried to not make her mad but it never worked. "im sorry, senna."

senna sighed and pulled the boy into a hug. he was shocked but accepted it anyway. her head rested against his chest, "just promise me you'll be okay."

"wait." he pulled away but his arms still rested around her waist, "you aren't going to watch?"

senna shook her head, "i just can't see you get hurt. it will break me."

the prince wanted the the girl to be there badly but didn't want to force her. he nodded and the two walked back up the ship, sennas next necklace now resting on her chest.

wearing less watertribe clothing made her blend in more. she looked like a fire nation girl now and she was happy.

[xxxxxxxx]

senna could hear the agni kai happening right above her. she was laying down in her bed and staring at the ceiling.

is it bad i worry about him a lot? she thought.

zuko is her family now since she didn't have any left well besides yue. she hadn't even thought about that girl in a long time.

she missed her and wishes she could see her again.

yue was a great help in training. she would always help senna after she gotten hurt or something due to her training.

she sighed, thinking of the last thing her dear cousin said to her.

"it was more then good. she stopped a bowl with her hands!"

senna smiled and closed her eyes just for a moment until her door was flung open. she jumped up and saw an exhausted zuko.

"how did it go?" she asked, as he collapsed onto her bed.

"i won well i think.."

the girl chuckled and laid down next to the boy.

"it sounded intense. i could hear it through the walls."

zuko shrugged as he readjusted his position on the bed. he placed his hands behind his head, now more comfortable.

"zhao is an idiot. thinks he's better then me."

"he's wrong about that." the girl spoke, she now laid on her side, "you're more powerful then you think, zuko."

the prince smiled, "my uncle said that you told him you'd rather train with me, why?"

of course iroh told him.

"i don't know." senna said, getting nervous, "they're sexists those two. think i can't fight just because i'm a girl."

zuko grabbed the girls hand and held it in his, "you're the most powerful waterbender i've ever seen. you're perfect, senna."

the girl couldn't help but blush at the fire princes comment. he always believed in her, always.

"thanks for believing in me."

"i should be thanking you. you're always believing in me."

a/n:
i know the agni kai didn't happen on the ship BUT PRETEND IT DID.