32

— downfall

— downfall.
earth.

the gaang entered the room where the earth king was. there he sat on his throne, with long feng next to him. he stood up, "who are you? guards!"

"wait! we need to talk to you!" aang exclaimed.

"they are here to overthrow you, your majesty." long feng drawled, ending his sentence with a hint of sarcasm.

"no, we're on your side. we're here to help."

katara looked ready to get on her knees and beg, "you have to trust us."

"you invade my palace, lay waste to all my guards, break down my fancy door, and you except me to trust you?" the earth king sighed.

"he has a good point." toph agreed.

"if you are on my side, then drop your weapons and stand down!"

sennas eyes fluttered and she woke up with a gasp. all eyes landed on the girl who was laying on appa. she sat up and saw her friends drop their weapons.

aang smiled, "see? we're your friends, your earthiness."

then she saw the earth king and long feng. she jumped down and stood protectively in front of her friends, "you try anything, long feng, i will kill you."

long feng laughed and then a moment of silence passed, until the man spoke again, "detain the assailants!"

dai li agents around the room sent their stone glove to tie their hands up.

"but we dropped our weapons. we're your allies." sokka pleaded.

long feng smiled evilly, "make sure the avatar and his friends never see daylight again."

"the avatar?" the earth king spoke, "you're the avatar?"

"yup!" aang said.

"i'll hear what he has to say."

aang took a deep breath, and started his story, "well, sir, there's a war going on right now. for the past one hundred years in fact. the dai li has kept it secret from you. it's a conspiracy to control the city, and to control you."

"a secret war? that's crazy!"

"completely!" long feng agreed.

"long feng didn't want us to tell you, so he stole our sky bison to blackmail us. and blackmail is the least of his crimes; he brainwashed two of our friends!" aang continued.

"all lies. i've never seen a sky bison, your majesty. quite frankly, i thought they were extinct."

senna rolled her eyes, "i happen to be one of the people he brainwashed." she growled, staring at the man.

"your claim is difficult to believe. even from the avatar." the earth king said, sitting back down.

"wait!" sokka shouted, "i can prove he's lying. long feng said he's never seen a sky bison. ask him to lift his robe."

"what? i am not disrobing!"

since he obviously wouldn't show them his legs, the group had to take things into their own hands. aang huffed and sent a huge gust of wind at him, lifting his ropes and revealing the bite mark.

"right there! appa bit him!"

"never met a sky bison, huh?" senna sassed.

"that happens to be a large birth mark. thanks for showing everyone."

"and we can prove they came from appa!" sokka said, making appa open his mouth to show his teeth. aang pointed at appas teeth with a huge smile and to long fengs "birth mark" with a huge smile.

"well, that proves it, i guess." the earth king decided. the group cheered but the earth king interrupted them once more, "but that doesn't prove this crazy conspiracy." the gaang sighed, "though, i suppose this matters worth looking into."

the gaang agreed that was better than nothing and set off to show the earth king around. sennas head started spinning and she knew she had to go see someone.

"sokka, you and the rest go with the earth king. i have something i need to do."

"are you ok? where are you going?"

"im fine, really. it will be ok."

he sighed and gave senna a quick kiss on the forehead, "alright, be careful."

the girl smiled and headed off toward the city. she knew where she needed to go.

zukos place.