34

— a new zuko

— a new zuko.
earth.

it was the next day and zuko was feeling much much better and so was senna. but the princess knew she couldn't stay, she had to get back to her friends.

but before she leaves, she decided to take stumpy for a walk. as she was walking, she came across the two freedom fighters.

"hey guys, what's up?" she picked up stumpy and walked over to them. they looked up at her and smiled, "seems you're doing better." smellerbee said.

senna laughed, "yeah i am." then she noticed jet was nowhere to be found, "hey, where's jet?"

the two looked at each other and frowned, "jet is gone. he died back at the headquarters."

senna gasped at the news and felt her heart break, "oh my god, im so sorry."

although she didn't know jet that well, she was one of the only people who trusted him and he seemed like a good guy.

"thank you." longshot said, his usual expression on his face.

"he didn't deserve it, any of it. the dai li won't go down without a fight." she gave the two a quick hug and walked back to the apartment.

her heart ached for the death of jet. she felt horrible. the last memory she had of him was fighting him. she walked into the apartment and joined iroh in the kitchen.

"i must be going." senna whispered to the man with a sad smile, "my friends will worry."

"of course." iroh smiled and handed a the girl a bowl of jook, "have some for the road!"

she smiled and thanked him. as she was about to leave, zuko walked in, "what's that smell?" his scratchy morning voice questioned, making the girl weak in the knees.

she didn't hear what else was said because she opened the door and left. she wasn't even half way down the road when she heard running.

"senna wait!"

the princess stopped and turned around, finding zuko who was very much out of breath, "where are you going? don't you want to eat with us?"

"i cant." the girl sighed, "i must get back to my friends. they will be worried."

zuko rolled his eyes, his hands grabbing hers, "please don't leave. todays the grand opening of my uncles tea shop. be there with me."

senna smiled with a nod, "i will i just need to make sure my friends are okay first."

zuko finally nodded and allowed the girl to go.