25

— break up

— break up.
earth.

for the remainder of the night, the gaang minus aang set up camp and decided that they should get a good nights rest before heading into ba sing se.

senna rolled out her sleeping bag away from everyone but sokka stopped her and grabbed the sleeping bag and placed it next to his.

"lay next to me, senna. why do you want to sleep by yourself?" he asked the girl who rolled her eyes and ignored him.

she then helped light the fire katara made and she joined her two friends who were sitting around it.

"okay..." sokka mumbled, confused and took a seat next to senna. he wrapped his arm around her but she pushed him off, "don't touch me."

"senna, what's wrong?"

katara watched the two, knowing that this will not end good. she's also pissed that sokka thinks senna doesn't know he kissed suki.

"let's talk." senna said, glaring at the fire, making it grow bigger and taller, "away from here." when she looked away, the fire went back to its regular size.

senna stood up and walked a few feet away from the two girls, sokka joining her.

she had her back toward him with her arms crossed.

"hey, you okay?" he asked senna who was trying her hardest to not start crying.

"don't act like i didn't see it." she said, turning around to face him. his face dropped when he noticed her eyes. they had tears filling up in them.

"see what?"

she let out a laugh, she couldn't believe what she was hearing, "you kissed her! i saw it sokka! how could you?"

shit! no, damn it. he cursed to himself. she wasn't supposed to see. he should've pulled away. why didn't i pull away?

"senna i-"

senna backed away from the boy, shaking her head as the tears fell from her eyes, "no, don't try to say something to make me feel better."

sokkas eyes teared up. he watched the girl he loved cry in front of him. senna sat down on the ground, still crying. sokka sat across from her, staring at the ground. they sat in silence.

"so were you guys a thing? did you ever like her?"

"no." he sighed, "we never were a thing. i thought i'd never see her again."

senna bit her lip and nodded, staring out into the distance. "right."

sokka looked up at the girl. her face was all red from crying and her eyes were no longer filled with light. they were filled with sadness and betrayal.

"you broke my heart, sokka. i don't think i will ever forgive you." she spoke, softly.

"i know." the boy said, wiping one of her tears away. he placed a hand on her cheek, frowning at the girl.

he regrets it. this girl is the most important person to him and he broke her.

"so we're over?" he questioned, his voice cracking.

senna nodded, "yeah. we're over."

senna stood up and walked away, leaving sokka alone. he messed up big time. really messed up. sokka watched senna take a seat with his sister and toph. they embraced her in a hug as she cried in their arms.

some always and forever, huh?