Chapter 5

Alex's Pov

After I finished my first tutoring session it was already nighttime, before I was transferred here I would have absolutely hated spending 4 hours a week extra doing schoolwork but whether I enjoy the subject or I don't mind my time with Sae-sensei.

I do think that tomorrow it would be good to talk to some of my classmates, I don't want to be totally disconnected from them. I also need to look at other classes to see if there are any other students who have been transferred to this world from another, the easiest way to find out would be looking for foreigners. Past that I am not sure what method I could use since out of the 160 students in my year I would probably recognize less than 40 by their physical appearance and less than 80 by name.

Damn it, thinking about trying to find if anyone else is like me will be much more of a pain than I thought.

I think unfortunately I will have to change strategies, after some deep thought I realized that my strategy so far has been ignorance. Trying to be invisible will only make me stand out more to the wrong people, I need to take actions behind the scenes for my own survival instead of sitting back and just watching. With that in mind I got up and went to the convenience store, I have to use my knowledge of people and events as much as I can to set the board as favorably as possible for when something comes up.

Steeling my resolve I went out in search of the devil and her dog; I will have to act carefully because I am planning to go meet some of the people with the most power to get me expelled. She is also definitely smarter than me.

When I got to the area I was headed a saw the two people I was looking for, I would have liked to arrive a little earlier before they interacted but I'll have to make due.

As I walked up to the beautiful purple haired girl and short lilac haired girl with a cane I could understand their confrontation was almost over. When they were about to head back towards the dorm I interrupted them.

"Excuse me, Sakayanagi-san I have something important to talk to you. I am sorry but it is personal information so I have to ask for Kamuro-san to head back ahead of us."

I could see both of them give me a glare, Kamuro seemed to be extremely annoyed while Sakayanagi seemed to be saying "how dare you interrupt me", I hope she doesn't try to expel me like what she did to Yamauchi. She spoke to me in a slightly dismissive voice.

"And what do you have to talk to me about? I don't know you at all and I don't think we have any business, let alone personal business."

I decided to use some of what I learned from Ayanokoji from the books, sometimes saying less is more.

"Sakayanagi-san do you think geniuses are born or made? I can assure you what I have to say will be well worth your wild."

When I said that Sakayanagi gave me a smug smile, did I already mess up? I have to be confident in myself and even if she did continue free of self-doubt. After she stared at me for a few seconds she spoke to Kamuro.

"Kamuro-san it seems I have something interesting to talk about with mysterious-kun. I will be in contact with you tomorrow, I am sure we can help each other very much in the future."

After that I lead Sakayanagi towards a bench, it was dark out but there were still lights so we could see.

Once we were seated she was the first one to speak.

"So what does a student from a different class want with me the second day of school? I also don't even know your name."

I decided to introduce myself like I did to Ike and Sae-sensei.