Chapter 8

Alex's Pov

I'm walking back after that confrontation in Sae-sensei's office and I have to say I feel incredible. I am completely exhausted but my brain is bathed in an ocean of dopamine after telling Horikita off, in the book I never disliked her really but in real life she really comes off as a bitch. I am sure it will stay that way until at least the sports festival, she will no doubt change in a different way and at a different pace then the novel now but for a while the events should play out the same. I don't think Horikita is capable of coming to a different answer for the midterm problem and Sudo's incident if she does I will be impressed.

One thing I realized about the people at this school is that they seem more impressive in the book, in real life it is much easier to understand them and think ahead. I don't know if that is my innate talent or if something was changed about my mental abilities when I was sent here but it is surprisingly easy to see through people. Obviously I have a massive advantage because I know about them beforehand, but even the people never mentioned in the story I am able to understand. Obviously there are exceptions, like what Koenji or Ayanokoji are thinking, but someone like Horikita is like an open book.

While being near Ayanokoji and speaking to him I realized something, I need a pawn, or maybe a few. Currently the best candidate is Ike, I am not going to even think about approaching any of Ayanokoji's future pieces or the Ayanokoji group but I am sure I can come up with at least on person other than Ike. Maybe I could get Sotomura, I am a big light novel and anime guy some I'm sure we can get along well. I would also need at least 1 connection with the girls in my class, I can't go after Sato, Kei, Matsushita, Sakura, Haruka, or Shinohara. In all honest I might try to get acquainted with Mii-chan she is smart, but not to smart, and is innocent and unassuming. Since Hirata announced he was dating Kei she has been in a slump so if it was ever time to pull her from her delusions about him now would probably be the best time, I could use our high proficiency in English as a topic to talk about.

With that decided I need to plan how to start getting into contact with Ike, Sotomura, and Mii-chan. It is an extremely odd group but I am confident that in the future they will be more formidable. I will let Ayanokoji lead the class from the rear all he wants while I build something entirely different by myself.

By the time I arrived back at my dorm I had made a plan to approach Mii-chan, it is pretty strange but I think it could work. Another reason for me picking who I did I because I think it would be relatively easy to make them all my pawns compared to the people Ayanokoji will go after.

It is in my nature to take the past of least resistance with the lowest chance of trouble or conflict so I think those 3 are all good bets. I also have already made a great plan for how I can use the 2 of them in the zodiac exam, Sotomura not so much because his group will have the VIP but that isn't important.

I am thinking too far ahead anyway, suddenly my time seems to be in high demand whether between tutoring with sensei or now working out with Fuka. I will need to manage my time better, I am a chronic procrastinator so I will need to force myself to do the things I don't want to.

I am extremely lucky that I am interested in Japanese history and the idea of seeing a sweaty Fuka in gym clothes is enough motivation to do those things, for other stuff I will need to find motivation in other forms.

Speaking of working out with Fuka, I need to buy workout clothes today. Another thing I need is a list of people contact information, phone numbers and names. This is probably the biggest issue for me, I don't know really anybody, and the only person who could have that in our class is Kushida and I am staying away from her with a 10 ft pole.