Year 2 Chapter 3

Elena's Pov

Since the beginning of time people have killed each other, sometimes brutally and sometimes what some people would say "humanely". In the end killing has the same consequences, the end the difference between a lethal injection and a bullet in the head is minuscule, they both result in near instant death in almost every case.

Sometimes people will say something like "they had no chance" or "there is nothing they could have done" I personally would prefer a quick and painless death in theory.

Counter to my own feelings about the situation, as long as I can help my country and my family I will struggle until the bitter end, fight tooth and nail to do what needs to be done. I know my job and my will is resolute, I will not waver under the most brutal of storms.

Throughout history many civilizations have done terrible things in the name of protecting people or ensuring a brighter future, I on the other hand know the reality of war.

The only thing it brings is death and sorrow, people's lives are irreparably destroyed and their destinies altered dramatically.

Alas though, war does have its purpose in human life, but I digress. Why am I firming my resolve even though I am in a safe and protected environment?

Well it is pretty simple; the answer is extremely simple.

Teenage girls.

It has been a few weeks since arriving at the Advanced Nurturing High School here in Japan, and it has been some of the most interesting time of my life, at least the life these people believe I have lived prior to coming here.

Just like Alex told me, there was a cross year partner exam that was announced and like he also theorized many second years reached out to me to partner with them.

Since the groups are not shown until the next day many people approached me the first day, offering me many points to essentially carry some of the lower students in the grade above.

Personally I find the school philosophy strange, they seem entirely committed to creating the future generation of leaders but admitted many unintelligent students. No matter how talented someone is if they are stupid and easily manipulated they will be useless in the future, I suppose the school's goal is to fix that issue, but to me it seems like a waste of talent.

Everyone bar Class A is seen as a failure. That means that the return on investment is only ¼, wouldn't it be more economical to admit more intelligent students to foster more intellectual competition?

Even if the school in some ways proposes the idea that school work and physical strength are comparable in value for prospective employees, that is plainly false. In todays day and age there are very few high skilled legal jobs where someone would need an A level physical.

Other than sports players and other athletes there are few jobs that you would gain a significant edge by being the strongest prospective employee.

Even in the military now adays the necessary strength is only around B+ level, and they literally train you up from nothing if necessary to meet that.

In my estimation this school is extremely inefficient and affluent, I wonder if the goal isn't to have a good ratio of input to output, but rather create a handful of truly capable individuals. To give them an environment to practice manipulating and controlling people so they can do the same in future.

Back to teenage girls, in order to create a reasonable cover I have been interacting with my classmates to try to somewhat fit in.

I can hear the way my classmates talk about me, some of them see me as the pinnacle and what they should strive for, others are jealous, and some of the boys are interested in something called "death by snu-snu" for some reason it makes me dislike them for saying it.