Chapter 20

Alex's Pov

After sleeping in Sae's room I left the next day in disguise, there was definity a thrill to sneaking around, I wonder why I am such a weirdo sometimes.

While thinking about stuff that should be happening I remembered Ayanokoji going to see the fortune teller and getting stuck in the elevator, I don't have to do anything about that.

The next day I was enjoying my time watching an anime Sotomura recommended to me when I received a surprising text, the sender was Tachibana-senpai. What could she want? Maybe to hire me to write another story for her, I have enough points for now and I don't really want to write more about them to be honest.

She asked me to meet up at a park away from the main areas of the campus, it seemed clear she didn't want anyone to find us, is she going to ask for help confessing?

When I arrived at the spot she specified I saw her siting on a bench with Manabu Horikita, I see.....

When I approached them I stood a few feet away from them awkwardly not knowing what to do, since they were talking about something I didn't want to eavesdrop on them or interrupt them. Thankfully Horikita-senpai noticed me quickly.

"Alex-kun, correct? Thank you for coming here to meet Tachibana and myself, we would like to talk to you."

After being prompted I walked closer to them and greeted them.

"Hello Tachibana-senpai and Horikita-senpai, have I done something wrong? I swear I am innocent!"

It was kind of awkward since I have an idea about why I was called here to begin with.

"We will determine if you did anything wrong in our discussion here, as of now nobody thinks you did anything wrong. We have a proposition for you, I think it will interest you."

"If you say so senpai I will listen, ask me anything you want."

"Thank you for your cooperation, guess I should give some background context. A few days ago I approached a first-year student and offered them a seat on the student council, they declined and Tachibana said she thought you were the most impressive first year. After some discussion I agreed to look into it only to find that in the days after the Zodiac Exam ended you were transferred upwards of 3,300,000 million private points, we would like you to explain how that happened."

Tachibana jumped in as well.

"I want you to prove you are better than that rude-kohai, after reading your work I know you have to be the best."

"Thank you for the compliment Tachibana-senpai, I will explain to you what happened. So first when the exam started I contacted a friend in Class A who was fine with sabotaging their to get rid of their current leader, they---"

With that I told them what I did during the exam, leaving out the stuff with Sae and Ayanokoji, when I was done Tachibana had a smug and shit eating grin on her face while Manabu looked like he was deep in thought.

He was the first one to respond.

"I see, does that mean you had something to do with the island exam as well?"

"I only am responsible for 50 of the points my class received, the rest was the student you offered the Vice-President seat to a few days ago."

"So you are working with Ayanokoji-kun then? Since you know about that you must trust each other to a high extent."

"Ayanokoji and I have a relationship that is not based on trust, if the battle between classes is a four-way chess game we are both rogue queens who have allied with each other to ensure our own survival. If you ask me what you asked him I will have the same answer, joining the student council will only paint a massive target on our backs. Next year is going to be a pain in the ass as it is, having more responsibility and attention would only hamper either of us. For someone who is only powerful when working in the shadows joining the student council would be signing my own death warrant."