Chapter 7

Ayanokoji's Pov

Today we got 0 points and sensei explained the S-system to us, the only person who seemed to have any idea something was up was a kid in my class I don't know much about. I know he is American and his name is Alexander Smith but I am not sure why a foreigner was admitted here or anything about him.

He seemed to have an interesting theory when we didn't get the points today but unfortunately it was wrong, I think the stem of the reason he was wrong is the difference in American culture compared to Japanese culture. American culture is much more based around individualism and freedom, many Asian cultures in general are centered much more on a more collective ideology. To an American it is probably very strange to the rest of your class has such a large impact on the outcome. According to the quiz results sensei posted today he is above average for our class in every subject expect Japanese history, that is to be expected though.

I am almost positive when he asked the first day of school about tutors it was because he knew he had a lack of knowledge in the subject. When he asked that I watched him for a few days, he didn't talk to anyone in class and slept an above average amount, but never during Japanese history.

It seemed like he wasn't paying attention but the classes he was interested in it was clear to me that he was laser focused on what the teacher was saying.

In summary he is a useful member of the class but I don't know if I can make him a pawn, he seems to have severe social problems, which is probably why he is in class D to begin with. I he would not be a good leader or teacher to other students, although he isn't the worst in the class physically there is still much to be desired for in that area as well.

Interestingly enough today Ike approached him and called him by his first name though, I had heard him tell people to call him by his first name since he isn't used to being called by his last name but it was still a slight surprise.

I wonder when then interacted before.

To take me out of my thoughts the bell for the end of the day rang, as I was making my way to leave the intercom made an announcement that Chabashira-sensei wanted to see me in her office.

I went over to the teacher area to look for sensei but I couldn't find her, I saw another teacher walking away like she was following someone but there was no signs of my teacher.

I decided to wait there for a few minutes and eventually she arrived.

"Sorry to make you wait, come with me."

Without replying I followed her down the hallways, I saw the other teacher from earlier walking around looking confused. She also looks a little, I don't know, drunk maybe?

Sensei and I both ignored her an kept walking, she started following us but when Chabashira-sensei glared at her she stopped long enough to get interrupted by a different student who I assume was from her class.

Once we arrived I was waiting to see what she wanted but she instead offered me a beverage.

"Is tea ok?"

With that she went over to what looked like a closet door and opened it, both of us were surprised by what we saw, inside was my classmate Alexander Smith making something on the stove in the kitchenette. To be honest it smelled pretty good, sensei seemed completely bewildered by his appearance.

"Alex-kun what are you doing here? Wait, how did you even get inside the office? It was locked and you were never given a key."

Looking up with an innocent face that I am almost positive was fake he responded.