Year 2 Chapter 6

Alex's Pov

After the incident with the first-year students behind the dorms it was pretty awkward since Sudo thought Horikita was just that smart to predict it while Horikita looked at me suspiciously and Ayanokoji  seemed to have already concluded what he was thinking about.

With that the situation regarding the partner exam continued like the novel, Sudo with Amasawa and Ayanokoji with Hōsen.

Also like the novel, Ayanokoji scored a 100 on the math section surprising everyone immensely, thankfully that took much of the attention away from Elena and I scoring mid to high 80s in all subjects and scoring in the top 5 duos, earning us 100,000 points total. As part of our deal I let her have it all, I was happy to not have to find a first year to befriend in order to get a partner.

One thing that had been incredibly annoying was the boys at this school regarding my sister, I had started getting strange messages from a variety of guys asking about what she liked and if I could help them talk to her.

I understand that Elena is very hot and cute, I also find her way of dressing very aesthetic in a sharp lines featuring mostly black, white, and grey. That being said it is annoying that a large amount of these people could easily be considered as "betas", they do not have much going for them but think they are so awesome that the hottest and smartest girl around would fall in love with them.

From my view these people are quite pathetic, at first I tried to be kind and deflect them, soon I realized however that being firm and cold to them was a much better option. Some of these guys would try to argue with me and say I should do what they ask, as if I am not a guy as well and perfectly know their intentions.

After this started I tried looking into the reason and it seems my dear sister has fostered a sense of aloofness and superiority that scares most of the guys away from direct conversation with her, as a side effect it has somewhat shifted to me now.

It is crazy to me that some of these guys will be like "be a bro", like I am literally my sister's bro, why would I want to be your bro?

Anyways, with that said overall recent times at school have been quite nice, with a large focus on Ayanokoji recently I haven't had a ton to do directly.

Like I said earlier, most of my attention has been towards repelling vermin's from my sister, it was a real headache when someone got a good quality picture of her on a morning run with a windbreaker unzipped showing off a sports bra.

Now I'm not saying girls don't do some crazy stuff, I mean look at how they treat Hirata, but some of these guys are very gross.

I also do not understand why I am so protective of someone who is not even my biological sister, and who I didn't know existed until like 2 months ago. It would not be an exaggeration to say I think of her as a real family member though, from the weekend dinners we have I can tell she is very nice and also cares for me.

If I had to say one thing I admire about her the most, it would be her elegant and sophisticated demeanor and attitude, for me the only thing I can equate it to complete authority and understanding. From spending more and more time together it is clear that she looks at the world very differently than anyone I have ever met, it sometimes look as if she is receiving divine inspiration.

I wonder if this is how the real Ayanokoji, behind his apathetic face and coldly shaped exterior, sees the world and the people in it.

After a very troublesome week I found myself cooking for our weekly dinner once again, the food I was making was  Beef Wellington, some vegetables, and some potatoes. I am obviously not a trained chief or any kind of expert, but I think I am an above average home cook and it seemed like the meal turned out nicely.