Year 2 Chapter 7

Alex's Pov

It has been a few days after the partner exam concluded and I have decided to take a potentially dangerous gamble, if it turns out well the results could be very useful in the future.

The thing I am doing that carries such a high likelihood of risk is talking to Horikita, more specifically letting her in on the stuff she has been oblivious to the entire time.

This is a calculated risk in preparation for the future, once we reach the point of where I read in the novels I will in all likelihood be even less intelligent than Horikita.

To combat this I have decided to help elevate her understanding and perception as a second layer of defense. Previously I have had a bad relationship with her and I would like to change that and perhaps get her indebted to me while I can.

Of course I wont be telling her everything, I am quite good at coming up with convincing stories after all.

As apposed to calling her beforehand or texting I decided to show up at her room unannounced, it might seem rude but it establishes the precedent that I am superior to her and judging from past experiences she wont pass up the opportunity to learn more about the inner working of what is going on.

The time I decided to go was early evening, a few hours after class but not too long that it was dinner time, I wore simple jeans and a hoodie.

When arriving at her room I did what any normal person would and rang the bell, after about 10 seconds of nothing I rang it again. As it rang the second time the door opened, and I was met by the cold gaze of a girl with short black hair and crimson eyes that bore into me like drills.

" What are you doing here Alex-kun?"

She put no effort into hiding her displeasure with seeing me here, I doubt she was in the middle of anything much.

"I was wondering if we can speak about some important matters, I think it will be very informative for you."

As a response she keep staring at me, her gaze gave the impression of "you better not be messing with me asshole," She soon moved to the side motioning me in.

As I entered the beautiful notes of Mozart's Requiem in D minor danced into my ears, I decided to comment on it in an attempt to show her I was civilized.

"A beautiful choice in music Horikita, however I wonder what the somber occasion is to prompt you to listen to it."

It was clear she was surprised by my question, most likely not thinking I knew anything about classical opera music.

"Your arrival is enough of a somber occasion to warrant something like this, otherwise maybe I would go with Serenade No. 13 in G Major."

It seems Horikita likes Mozart, a perfectly understandable choice that I can respect.

I sat down at the table present and Horikita gave me a hospitable question.

"What would you like to drink? I have coffee, tea, juice, and water."

I gave her a quick answer.

"I'll have some water, thank you for asking."

She then retreated to get us some beverages while I went over what I would and wouldn't tell her one last time.

A few seconds later she returned and handed me some water, as I took I sip I looked at her, I had almost forgotten how beautiful she was, even with short hair she was extremely attractive.

As I swallowed the water I decided how I would start, from my experience if you sound vague and philosophical people will think you are smart, so I went with that approach.