Year 2 Chapter 5

Elena's Pov

It is currently the weekend before the partner exam between my year and the second years, ever since coming to this school I have found many strange idiosyncrasies that have lead me down useless paths. In truth my original mission has been barley progressed in my time here, currently I mostly have what my brother has told me and the information I was given before coming here. The only thing I know for sure is that Ichika Amasawa is without a doubt connected to my goal here, I also remember the look she gave Takuya Yagami, and if she knows him he is suspicious.

In all honestly most of the stuff I have learned is stuff I would rather not known; teenage drama and personal secrets are often better left unknown.

Currently I am essentially hanging out in a karaoke room by myself, I learned about a meeting between the class 1-D and 2-B, formerly 2-D, happening here. As far as I can tell this has a high likelihood for something to help me on my mission. I was snacking on a granola bar while using a device to listen to their conversation, it was clearly going nowhere.

I could have ordered food to this room but that is a waste of money to pay for, not to mention it is never a good idea to eat food you didn't make or bring yourself. If there is anything I know about this school, it is the danger present here, in some of my research I have found information about people disappearing after graduation. There is no telling what is happening within the walls of this concreate prison.

To be honest I wish I was eating some good food with one of the only people I could consider family, even if it is not by blood it is refreshing to have someone like Alex here, hot tasty food is nice too.

As I listening to the hot head guy Sudo get baited and almost blow his top I couldn't help but sign, the stupidity of this entire meeting was dumbfounding to me.

Finally after a while the second years left if I were them I would have left as soon as the first years entered the way they did. When negotiating it is important to be in a position of power, coming from a position of weakness or even standing means you will never get what you want. That obviously isn't always possible but if you cannot, be prepared to pay an arm and a leg.

After they left I was prepared to leave but it seems there was another party outside so I decided to wait, despite my ever-present luck it seems today was not the day for me to get off scot-free.

The footsteps got right in front of the door to the room I was in, then there was a knock, when I didn't answer the door opened and in walked a petite girl with lilac hair and a cane. With her was a well endowed purple haired girl who looked annoyed to be there, great.

Obviously I know who these two young women are, and I am not excited to see them, this is a very annoying time for them to intrude.

I did not let this show on my face as to them it must have looked like I was staring blankly at them, the purple haired girl stayed by the door and the shorter girl made her way to sit across from me.

I could of course just walk away, but given the situation that isn't my best option, I know that this girl would dislike me showing such rudeness to her.

The girl I knew as Arisu Sakayanagi spoke to me; she had a silky voice that sounded serene.

"Hello Elena-Chan, I'm sorry to use your given name, but since I know your brother I would prefer to address you like this."

It may seem benign but she is slowly trying to establish a power dynamic between us, maybe she believes I might not be well versed in Japanese customs but that statement could be considered rude. If I go along with her it means that I accept she has the right to call me as she likes.