Year 2 Announcement

Image drawn by usagi_koneko

Hey awesome readers i just wanted to make a super short announcement about the future of this story. 

Over the past few days i have been thinking about how i want to continue this story after the end of Year 1, i already introduced some crossover OOC characters but I plan to drastically expand this story for Year 2. 

I know a large amount of you are enjoying this story as it is going right now and i understand, but I think the additions I will be making only make it even better. 

Generally in COTE fanfictions many elements are extremely predictable and almost formulaic in nature, this gets old relatively quickly, at least for me. An example of a story that i really enjoy and escapes this trend is Colder than Ice by @OriginDistortion, which is a story that is pretty much COTE if it was a magic high school with multiple original characters, probably in my top 5 for Wattpad stories overall. 

With all this said i seek to slow down the chain of events from here on out and focus more and more on original content to make the source material and special exams as focal points for major events.  

What this means practically is that time will pass slower, there will be multiple new characters, and there will be many more chapters not in Alex's Pov or even his appearance.  

This is important because I think I need to flesh out and show off some of the changes that our main character has influenced up until this point and show how it has changed things. 

To be clear this is not completely different story that will be unrecognizable, I believe it will simply show the growth of this story into a more full story compared to a typical generic insert character story. 

If you guys are wondering or haven't guessed by now the type of genre i plan to infuse into the story is espionage, or more commonly spying, this means I will be having multiple groups being introduced as well as escalation in manipulation and possibly violence. 

To be honest I am not confident in being able to make multiple compelling OC characters to be spies so i will be inserting Azur Lane characters and refitting them to be spies compared to ships. If you know the histories of these ships it may provide an insight  to certain things regarding these characters.

To be honest I have been playing a ton of Azur Lane recently after starting out a few weeks ago, i am also a big WWII naval battle nerd so i honestly cannot resist. 

Also do not worry, the COTE stuff will not be cut out so do not worry about the story being taken over like some invasion. 

Finally, if you are a reader of my other stories and have been waiting for updates for a month or so i am really sorry, i am a hyper focused person and as much as i try whenever i intend to write a new chapter for those stories i keep thinking about this story. Do not worry too much though, i am not cancelling any of my stories or anything, it will just take some time for y creative mind to refocus towards them.   

Have a nice day and stay safe, i really appreciate all you guys for reading.