Chapter 29

Alex's Pov

After a sweet dream I woke up from Chiaki tapping my shoulder, as I opened my eyes and sat up I saw her looking at me with a gentle smile. I don't know why but I get the feeling she was watching me sleep.

"Thank you for waking me up, what is the score right now?"

"It is 3-2 currently and the fifth round just ended, you told me to wake you up now right?"

"Yeah thank you, I should get going, I want to be early."

She looked at me strangely as if questioning what I was talking about.

"The sixth exam was just announced how can you know chess will be the last event?"

I didn't want to tell her much so I looked toward the door absentmindedly and spoke.

"Call it a hunch, I get the feeling the chess game will be the most important. It is only natural the most exciting match will be last."

Before she could respond I stood up and left the classroom, I heard some of my classmates asking where I was going but I ignored it and walked towards the room where the chess match will be played.

As I walked I thought about how Class B is currently in trouble because of Ryuen taking center stage again, I would like to prop Class B up as a straw man since they are easy to crush as they are now but I don't want to get involved in them in any serious way.

Once I got to the door to the room I leaned against the wall and went on my phone, after a while it was finally time for the chess event to start. As soon it was announced I saw Masayoshi Hashimoto walked towards me, he is here way to early if he came when it was announced which means he came here before it was announced as well.

When he walked up to me he had his normal cocky smile and he looked happy.

"Hey, so I guess we will be going against each other huh."

"Seems that way."

After that we both stood quietly until a faculty member opened the door and welcomed us in, the first-year teacher are in the multipurpose room so other staff members are in charge of on-site supervision. Once we sat down I took of my blazer and hung it over my chair, this is definitely going to be a sweaty match.

As we were waiting for the game to get underway Hashimoto spoke to me.

"The Princess said I definitely won't be able to beat you, if she says you are good then all I can do is try to keep you at bay until she takes control I guess."

That made sense, there is practically no way he would be able to go toe to toe with me, I guess that is the best he came hope for. Seeing my lack of response he kept talking.

"You know Alex some of the girls in my class have eyes on you, in the past few months you have been gathering some attention from quite a few females."

I know this is his strategy, he is trying to get in my head which will cause me to play worse, but it is interesting information to know.

"Is that so, you are something of an entrepreneur correct? Well if you are willing to do the logistics maybe we could create a product to sell."

He seemed amused at my idea.

"At what would be sell? You aren't thinking of selling your body are you? That is against the rules you know."

"That is exactly what I am purposing, we could make body pillows of certain popular and attractive people and sell them to the student body, of course we would pay the people royalties but we could make an entire line of ANHS body pillows I am sure."