Chapter 13

Alex's Pov

Today was the day of the trial and I know Ayanokoji has gotten Sakura ready to testify as well, I am pretty sure they will call me in first so there is not much I can do until then. While I was waiting I decided to talk to Sakura since we were both waiting.

"Hello Sakura-san, are you nervous to be called? I am not good with attention and getting yelled at so I am pretty scared, what about you?"

Sakura is really shy and didn't look at me, but she did respond.

"I am pretty nervous; I don't want to be looked at by all those people. I think it is definitely going to be scary but I trust Ayanokoji-kun and he said I should do what I want, and I don't want Sudo to get in trouble."

"I see, you are braver than me Sakura-san. It is reassuring that I am not alone being scared, lets both do our best to help our classmate."

Sakura seems very determined, the fact that Ayanokoji did so much with only a little work just shows how capable he is, he is not someone to be enemies with if you value your future.

After a little bit Sae-sensei opened the door and spoke.

"Alex, they are calling you in first."

With that I got up and gave Sakura a nervous smile.

"Wish me luck in there Sakura-san, I think you will probably do better than me."

When I walked in I was told to sit in chair in the middle of the simulated court, having the witness stand in the middle like this makes me pretty uncomfortable.

After I sat down Tachibana-senpai asked me to introduce myself.

"Ahh, my name is Alexander Smith from Class D, I like reading and watching basketball."

Damn it, I started introducing myself like I was in class, why would they care about me liking to read, luckily I recovered part way through and added I like to watch basketball to keep it relevant to the case.

Then Tachibana-senpai asked me what I saw.

"I was at the basketball club watching the practice that day, when practice ended I saw those three class C student leading Sudo somewhere. That is all I saw."

I could feel the student council president looking at me very intently, it was really scary. The person who broke the silence was Sakagami-sensei.

"Why should we believe you, what you are saying means nothing since you can't prove it. Even if what you say is true it doesn't change that Sudo beat up these three really bad for no reason."

I replied

"Sensei I am just saying what I saw, why are you assuming I am lying?"

He seemed shocked that I talked back to him, he seemed pretty offended, he started laying into me.

"Of course a defect would lie to save one of their own, you are just some random person not connected to the fight. It is clear as day that you were put up to this or are lying to help your friend. It is bad to lie to the student council, you could receive punishment for lying to them."

I was definitely shaking in the seat, with this many people just starring at me and one of them yelling at me was really getting to me. It was scary to me how it was effecting me; I hate this weakness that is so obvious. In a different situation I would yell back at him but that would only damage my image as a witness.

"I can prove I was watching the practice that day."

Almost everyone was pretty shocked, I hadn't said anything about any proof to my classmates or anyone else. The person to speak was Manabu Horikita.