Chapter 21

Alex's Pov

When it was time for us to use the grip strength machine I was really interested to see how strong I was, but I also didn't want to be in the top group, in the end I got 50 kg, that put me above average but nothing crazy. To be honest most of my training has been towards endurance so even if I went all out I wouldn't have got over 65 if I tried my hardest, I told Fuka I wanted to train endurance in preparation for the second-year island exam since I don't want to burn out.

For the three-legged race to my surprise Matsushita took it upon herself to volunteer as my partner, since she is better athletically than more than half the girls I can't complain.

In the end I was simply slightly above average in the view of my classmates, even if I tried my best I think I would only be slightly better than Hirata so it would be a pain to try hard.

When we were practicing the three-legged race I had an interesting conversation with Matsushita, I wonder how much she was stalking Kushida.

"Since you told me about Kushida it is really strange hanging out with her, but I definitely believe you. Every time someone praises Horikita the look in her eyes changes slightly, sometimes her dumb smile even falters momentarily, being around her makes me sick now. Unfortunately I haven't gotten any evidence about it though, she is really careful."

"I understand, after the next special exam I will have to take drastic measures. If we go into the Spring term with her still as a traitor it will only bring us trouble, even if other classes won't work with her. Exposing her would be one thing, even expelling her would be nice, but it would hurt our class a ton if we expelled her out of nowhere."

It would be possible for us to wait until the unanimous vote exam where Ayanokoji exposed her, I read about that in the free sample of Y2 V5. Personally I would like to do it before then, but it would be troublesome to do that, maybe I should ask someone about it.

After some more small talk and insulting Kushida the two of us finished our training for the day, the two of us as a duo were above average for our class, we would probably rank in the top 5 for our class. That is with neither of us giving it our all as well, I should be able to secure us some decent points this festival.

Since we are now Class C we are teamed up with Class B and Horikita and Ichinose are playing America and England during the World Wars with the way they are super up each other's asses. I don't mind, but the extremely large emphasize on team work is making my head hurt, I also noticed that a girl from Class B was acting similarly.

From my information she is Himeno Yuki, I don't know about her from the books other than she was a new character in the book I was reading when I was brought here, she had an illustration so I am sure she will become important sometime in the second year. I will have to keep an eye on her in the future.

When our class made the participation sheet for the festival I sneakily took a picture of it for reference, thankfully they submitted it before the last day so I had time to make my changes.

The day after they submitted it I made my own table that had the event that Sudo, Ike, and I changed. I had Sudo's events and Ike had mine, while Sudo had Ike's, I also changed Horikita and Kushida's so that she won't get framed. If that girl pays to substitute in that race and then gets injured and claims it was intentional that would be very suspicious. I have a feeling they will definitely still try something though; Ryuen is not one to give up and relent so easily.

I will leave  the rest to Ayanokoji, she is his tool after all, I don't need her specifically in the future. Sure if she got beaten down now it would change the timeline more and make things complicated, but I could work around it. Ayanokoji has invest too much time and effort into her to let her go to waste this early if anything he is pragmatic.